Rebecca Wadsworth
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Tax Deed Sale in Alabama

Rebecca Wadsworth
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Mar 19 2014, 09:42

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Bigger Pockets & have been looking into investing in tax deed properties, so I thought this was a good place to ask my question.

I have 2 properties that I am interested in now in Jefferson County, Alabama. One is occupied- taxes have not been paid on it in over 4 years. I believe it would be a deed sale- 3 years is the redemption period and since no one has purchased a lien on it... If I paid the 4 years of taxes, would it become mine as soon as the title arrived in the mail? If so, how would I go about evicting the people living there currently?

The other property I am interested in is a condo. I plan on doing legwork for it today (at least looking to see if it's occupied, which it more than like is- it is in a very desirable area). Taxes haven't been paid on it for 4 years, just like the other property. Since it's a condo, I was interested to know how soon I would have to take over HOA fees? Is there a way to find out if HOA fees are paid up currently? I've never worked with a condo before, but would love to snatch this one up.

Tips from your personal experience? I do intend on speaking with a real estate lawyer soon. Any recommendations?

Loading replies...