• Fort Myers, FL
Votes |
Discounted Note Buying for Older Generation Retirement

Syed-Shawn Azam
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Myers, FL
Posted Oct 31 2016, 18:36

Hey All,

I just wanted to reach out to some people in my local area of Northern California to see what are your thoughts on Note investing in California.

First off, after watching podcast 17 (biggerpockets.com/show17) with Jeff Brown, I was inspired by they way he made investing for retirement sound. As a 23 year old, personally my plan is to get into rental properties (see my other forum for that), but I do have people very close to me that have struggled saving up for retirement and are currently around the age of 50-55 and only have about $100,000 saved up. The people I know in particular that are in this case are very hard working folks, and I know that thinking about how they are going to retire off of such a small amount makes them stress that much more... With this in mind, I wanted to try to reach out to others who have either been in this case or who have known or worked with others in this case and see if they wouldn't mind sharing some of their knowledge so that I may pass it on to those around me. As well, I was wondering if there is anyone on bigger pockets who knows of any great Wealth or Finance Advisors in the Sacramento - San Francisco Area who work with people in these situations. I would really appreciate it if I could pass that information on to those around me that could really use the advise and coaching.

Directly talking about notes, have any of you had success with buying discounted notes and turning a 20% ROI? Or is this facet of real estate beyond the scope of people just getting into the business who want a steady passive income?

Any advice on this topic would greatly help me to coach the people around me and if you do know people in the field, I may be able to help get them a little extra business!

Best Regards,
Shawn Azam

Loading replies...