Note Investors - 2018 Conference Schedule

48 Replies

What conferences is everyone attending for 2018 and why? My hope is to have more face time with everyone and conferences seem to be the best venue.

So far, I'll be at:

IMN Show in Fort Lauderdale - 1/30 thru 1/31
NJ Distressed Expo in Newark NJ – 2/9 thru 2/11
MidAtlantic Summit in Downtown Philly – 4/21 thru 4/22

I'm I'm attending and speaking on panels at the January IMN conference. I also have Papersource and NoteExpo on my calendar for this year. 

Originally posted by @Nathan Patterson :

I don't have any on the schedule yet, but I'm hoping to attend my first Note conference in 2018.   Are there any that people recommend?

I think that the Papersource Symposium in LV this April would be a great conference if you are just getting started. No pitching and lots of good presentations.

Bob

I just discovered the world of Notes in the past 4 days and since I've been watching webinars, audiobooks, podcasts and I am blown away by what I've learned. I am debating between signing up for Vegas or just going over the 2017 symposium at a 50% discount on last years price. My thinking is how different could things be from last year to 2018. Either way I will continue to learn and network. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge. I'm hoping to purchase my first note in the coming months. Preferably in distressed areas where I can possibly help people stay in their homes and turn a profit.

Originally posted by @Steven Perre :

I just discovered the world of Notes in the past 4 days and since I've been watching webinars, audiobooks, podcasts and I am blown away by what I've learned. I am debating between signing up for Vegas or just going over the 2017 symposium at a 50% discount on last years price. My thinking is how different could things be from last year to 2018. Either way I will continue to learn and network. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge. I'm hoping to purchase my first note in the coming months. Preferably in distressed areas where I can possibly help people stay in their homes and turn a profit.

I would definitely go to the 2018 live event. Learning remotely is great, but there's nothing like being in a room full of like-minded individuals, specially ones with tons of experience. The networking opportunities at these events are priceless.

One thing that I lament is the absence of the Noteworthy conference from this list. That one was always one of my favorites, and i know that Jack Sternberg took over there a # of years ago and had a Vegas event scheduled as recently as 2016-- however, I'm not sure how successful it was at all or even whether they are a serious player at all anymore. (The last convention of theirs I attended was in 2007 and it was a good one-- we all know what happened to the economy shortly thereafter and from that point on, I believe Noteworthy has been but a blip on the radar screen.) Just curious as to whether anyone knows anything.

Hi @Tim Fitzgerald the last Noteworthy was in LV about 3 years ago from what I recall. I attended and was pretty disappointed. Mostly a pitchfest and only about 300 attendees. I vowed to never attend another and haven't seen it revived either. With Papersource, NoteExpo and IMN, there really is no need for another note conference, IMHO.

bob

I will be attending NJ Distressed Mortgage Expo 02/10/18 - 02/11/18 I believe are the correct dates of this 2 day conference. I am also brand new to the paper/note investing niche of real estate and I can’t wait to meet many of you at this major live event!!! Happy New Year 2018 to you everyone and happy investing to you all!!!

@Bob Malecki Thanks for the info. I was getting Jack Sterberg's (Noteworthy) emails up until about that time and, from what I could see, his latest conferences seemed hastily put together and the informational page on his site that they would link to was a summary of the PREVIOUS year's lineup-- I found that strange. I appreciate the insight.

Jack Sternberg sold off Noteworthy to two guys who were supposed to reinvigorate the event...unfortunately, that didn't happen.  Noteworthy is a dead duck at this point.  

I will see you all at the NJ DME in February. Papersource is a must, Bill and Alison do a fantastic job and it gets better every year. I hope to be able to find the time to hit an IMN as much as I have heard about all the good things about them.  

I will bring my YouTube camera again this year. 

Thanks again to all of you that have so graciously allowed me your time in the past for shoots. 

It has been fun to be able to do videos with you. 

@Gene Chandler , I'll hit Papersource if I don't hit Secret Knock.  This year is shaping up to be crazy.  I'll be at IMN and NJ Distressed as well.  @Scott Carson thanks for the insight on Noteworthy.  It was cool to hang with peers when it existed but the value was not there for me personally.  I'm sure I'll see you in NJ.  Gene, I'll need to fix my hair next time as I know you roll around with the camera, lol.