• Wheat Ridge, CO
Votes |
Note servicer advice in Denver area

Chris Billington
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted Mar 26 2018, 15:32

Two of our rentals have about 10 years left on them at 4.875% - refied 5 years ago on a 15 year term. These rentals have been in service for years and cash flow nicely. I recently set up a trust for my mother which now needs to be invested in something better than a money market. My thought was to kill 2 birds and pay off the properties with some of the the trust funds and a private note back to her. All told would only be about 90K.  Any advice on this? The things holding me back would be drawing up the note properly for her and hopefully getting a note servicer to handle the monthly payments properly etc.. I have zero experience with private financing. Feel free to tell me that this is a dumb idea as it's only an idea at this point. The thought is I'd be much happier paying my mothers trust than a bank. Paying her 2.5 or 3% with no closing costs would also obviously benefit me. Seems like a win-win when you look at the interest rate she gets from the bank. I want to get comfortable with notes and I think this would be an interesting way to get started. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Loading replies...