Tax Lien Investment Companies

Tax Lien Investment Companies

Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 175 posts · 73 votes

Hi BPers,

I'm wondering if there are any companies that go to tax lien auctions and buy them and resell them. I'm looking to make a nice return, but don't really have time to go to auctions, especially if they are in different states. Which begs the question, can you resell a tax lien and transfer ownership to someone else?

Thanks

Aaron

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
7y

@Aaron Smith There are companies that exist solely to travel around the country and buy tax liens. I have talked to some of them and they seem to keep everything they buy to get the interest rate. Most of these companies go after the nicer properties that they expect to redeem. This is what I have seen from my experience.

I have seen people at auctions that are buying for other people, not sure of the specifics of how that works.

Yes you can assign a tax lien to someone else as I have done it.

It would seem the best way to go about what you are wanting to do is hire someone or a company to go to local auctions on your behalf and only buy stuff you are interested in at a price you specify.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    @Aaron Smith There are companies that exist solely to travel around the country and buy tax liens. I have talked to some of them and they seem to keep everything they buy to get the interest rate. Most of these companies go after the nicer properties that they expect to redeem. This is what I have seen from my experience.

    I have seen people at auctions that are buying for other people, not sure of the specifics of how that works.

    Yes you can assign a tax lien to someone else as I have done it.

    It would seem the best way to go about what you are wanting to do is hire someone or a company to go to local auctions on your behalf and only buy stuff you are interested in at a price you specify.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    7y

    @Aaron Smith  where you looking ? I have purchased about 100 or so  . 

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 175 posts · 73 votes
    7y

    @Bob Prisco

    I'm open to anywhere, but some states are better than others. Georgia and Texas are appealing, as is Illinois, with the high return potentials. Do you only buy them in Ohio?

  • George SkidisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Belleville, IL · Member since 2017 · 875 posts · 529 votes
    7y

    Attending my first US Tax Lien association 3 day event next week here in Saint Louis. I have an extra ticket available PM me for price and details.

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    7y

    @aaron smith Yes as that is where i have my team set up. Many say, I will buy anywhere, ok then what ? Who is going to inspect the property , do the repairs, and all PM. ? Cleveland has been very good to me with high ROI,

    Good luck 

  • Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 666 votes
    7y

    @ skidis, save your money, and time. Simply find someone that is actually doing deals vs selling you books and tapes.  BTW, what the heck are they going to talk about for 3 days ? Find a company in your area that buys them and simply buy them from them, simple. 

    Good luck 

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Aaron Smith....for Texas you want to connect up with @arnie abrahamson......he has a program where he can bid for you at the sales. He's an expert and doing it for years.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.