• Investor
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Votes |
Deliverying Value Upstream in the Note Business

Martin Saenz
  • Investor
  • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted Jun 10 2019, 09:24

You can wait for note opportunities to find you or perhaps you are situated with sellers that free flow deals to you already. If you’re like most, you’re having to revamp your business model in order to carve yourself into deal flow.I buy bank originated junior liens and seek to obtain loan modifications for my full-time work. What I have found true (in my space) this year more than ever is you have to:

- move upstream where larger deal flow exists

- you must position yourself for that deal flow by delivering more value to the mid-level players that are pre-qualified for that larger deal flow until such time you pre-qualify for that larger deal flow. Can you do credit pulls for them, can you help with due diligence, etc.

- time to increase your sales force.  I just spoke at IMN Dana Point on this very topic and I attended the conference with 4 other members of my group. We essentially held a presence of 5 sales professionals drumming up deal flow. As a result, we are working through an opportunity we received at the conference.

- time to build strategic partnerships whereby you help them achieve their goals while they help you achieve your goals.

Just my two cents and would love to hear your thoughts!

Loading replies...