Florida HOA Safe Harbor with Multiple Associations after FC

5 Replies

So I figured I would share this with everyone see if anyone has any experience with this and provide insight:

Backstory, foreclosed on a condo in florida which the original mortgage was only $31k. HOA fees are $350/month but there are 3 HOA's. I asked my attorney (who did not file a motion to determine amounts how much I ow) and he was completely clueless to what the answer was (no surprise honestly).

Anyone @wayne brooks have any comment

@Chris Seveney Well, the safe harbor limits the lender to owing the 1% of the original mtg or 12 mo.s (I think 6 mo.s for condos) of dues, whichever is less, which I assume you know.

I have no experience on the safe harbor with multiple hoa’s but my assumption would be you’d owe the $310 to each one, as they are separate entities.

As an aside,  not that I do actual foreclosures of course, I have never noticed a motion for determination of required hoa fees.  Again, my assumption is it’s not necessary since it is spelled out in the statute.

Promotion
NestEgg
Smarter rental management
Outperform your peers by 71%
NestEgg landlords save $6,960/yr in fees & 20 hrs/mo*. Self-manage for free or go hands-off for $29.
Start now, get $500

Its 1% if assoc was named and lis pendens was recorded. I had foreclosed one unit that had $17k condo lien and paid 1% ater FC. Assoc did not want to accept but we filed a motion to determine and judge ordered that assoc is owed 1%. Lien was wiped out by an order.