Skip to content
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Paul Winka
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St Louis, MO
Votes |
Born again note investor -- introduction.

Paul Winka
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St Louis, MO
Posted Jul 18 2019, 06:43

Hello note community! This might be better posted in new member introductions, but I'll just post it here. Most of what I want to learn and grow from has to do with notes anyway.

It’s therapeutic to post this out for now, like a bold first step and making a commitment to learn deliberately the right way to do it, and hope that I can look back on this post in a few months or years and see how far I’ve come. Sounds corny, but I hope to get to the point to give advice and share experiences with others that are in the same place that I am right now. For now though, seems I am forever soliciting advice as tactfully as possible.

I've started with HML notes in 2017 and it's been a bumpy, emotionally challenging road. Reckless would be the best word for how I got started.

Perhaps I heard it once too often at the end of many BP podcasts about avoiding paralysis analysis…one will never know it all so just jump in and start learning. I took that advice to the extreme and flew too close to the sun.

Most of what I am dealing with now is cleaning up mistakes I made when I started. I am a born again note investor, so to speak. I still believe fortune favors the bold though, it’s starting to turn around already.

See you around the forum!

Loading replies...