Votes
Joshua Villafranco
  • San Angelo, TX
Votes |
Any advice would be awesome.

Joshua Villafranco
  • San Angelo, TX
Posted Nov 18 2019, 17:40

Hi everyone my name is josh. I’m trying to look for some advice on a situation me and my wife are in. Long story short my wife’s grandmother passed away 2 years ago and left her home to my wife’s older sibling and aunt. The older sibling ended up getting life in prison and the aunt moved out of town. The house has been vacant for a while and I looked up the taxes on the appraisal district and saw they were delinquent and the property hasn’t been kept up with. So we want take over the property. The sibling in prison signed the power of attorney papers for the property over to my wife so there’s no problem there. When she reached out to the aunt, the case was very different. We told the aunt we would pay the delinquent taxes and all the attorneys fees and the deed title transfer fees. We would even mail all the paperwork to her ready to sign and be notarized. Well she immediately said no and made it clear that she didn’t want the property at all and had no intentions of paying the taxes or keeping up with the property but she didn’t want to sign it over. Any advice?

Loading replies...