Note investing very quiet

13 Replies

Curious as lately the number of posts for note investing on the forum have been very limited and have not seen “new faces”.

Curious if people are very busy or people are moving out of the space due to complexities and cost of assets

Soup D Jour   ..   Today its storage  MHP  MF  ..  Also probably as you note  cost and lack of deal flow.

I've noticed that, too. I only check one other category and not much activity there either. I don't know about the rest of BP. Maybe people are going back to their regular lives more and more and have less time to post here?

I think many of us continue to be somewhat in a holding pattern waiting for the supply of NPLs to rise given the higher delinquency rates and moratoria still in place. Also, it seems like larger funds are buying up more and more notes at low yields, leading to deal-flow and pricing issues. Or maybe everyone is flocking to crypto instead? (We should get some more note investors on the BP podcast.)

I think everything you mentioned above but I'd include uncertainty in our markets and turmoil around the world.  People are just watching like me to see what happens.  Although I'm still learning the ins and-out of this business from reading posts and listening to Pod Casts by you guys.  I'll pull the trigger one of these days on my first Note.

Another contributing factor to the lack of activity here could be the lack of in-person events. I think conferences, etc., tend to spur energy and enthusiasm for note investing and communication about it. 

Originally posted by @Chris Seveney :

@Jay Hinrichs

Funny you mention that as someone mentioned to me that a former note “guru” was now going to start teaching on MHP

That could be another reason.  The guru you mention (along with a few others) isn't touting  note investing as much.  

Originally posted by @Chad U. :
Originally posted by @Chris Seveney:

@Jay Hinrichs

Funny you mention that as someone mentioned to me that a former note “guru” was now going to start teaching on MHP

That could be another reason.  The guru you mention (along with a few others) isn't touting  note investing as much.  

Back to Soup De Jour !!

the other thing that might be in play is at least as it relates to residential NPN the amount of regulation and the complexity does take this type of niche to another level compared to the Hey I am going to wholesale so i can buy a cash flow rental BP crowd.

@Chris Sevene

Honestly this is something that I have been interested in for a while, but just haven’t taken the time (yet) to educate myself.

I'm still in the "rinse" cycle of "wash, rinse, repeat'. Once I get through this title issue on my MA REO, I can finally clear the sale, then repeat with more notes. Hoping to take advantage of this sellers market. Unfortunately, in notes you have to depend on others to complete things like quit claim deeds, providing documents, lawyers, courts, etc. Everybody is moving in slow motion it seems...not worried about my little assets. lol

@Aninze A. I hear you on that. In the last year, title reports were some of the slowest things affected by the pandemic since a lot of government facilities (recorder's offices) were shut down and had limited hours of operation.

In general, we like to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to vendors. No one cares about an asset like an owner does and we make sure we're on top of our processes so that our files have minimum delays. We give new attorneys a few chances and boot them if they're treating us like a number and don't show a sense of urgency or professionalism when handling our loans.