Votes
Omar Bortolato
  • Investor
Votes |
Tax Liens and Tax Deeds. Tools and Calendar

Omar Bortolato
  • Investor
Posted May 18 2021, 04:54

I’ve been personally investing in tax lien certificates lately.

If you don’t know what tax liens are, basically when a landowner or homeowner fails to pay the taxes on their property, a tax lien certificate is issued by the municipality that reflects the amount owed on the property, plus any interest or penalties due.

These certificates are then auctioned off to the highest bidding investor. Tax liens can be purchased for as little as a few hundred dollars for very small properties.

The problem is that each state and county have its own regulations: they issue sale lists of tax liens certificates throughout the year, and auction dates are also different.

Also, some states hold auctions once a year, some twice a year, some every month..

So, I went on a rabbit hole and compiled a list of the next auction dates:

November: Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, West Virginia

December: Illinois, Louisiana, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont

January: Arizona, Louisiana, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont

I actually have the whole year mapped out with websites where you can get the sale lists. I did it in a Google Spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spread...

Feedback wanted

I hope this research buys me a little goodwill in order to ask you for feedback on my new project.

Since I’ve seen how difficult it is to gather good information on tax liens, I’ve partnered with 2 other lien investors and made a website called FastLien where you can get upcoming sales lists with a click of a button.

If you end up trying the site, please give us some feedback as we are working hard on it!

Thanks,

Omar

Loading replies...