• Minnesota
Votes |
New and young Minnesota Investor in Hopkins

Jadde Rowe
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minnesota
Posted Aug 16 2018, 19:52

Hello!

I am 23 years old and looking to begin my real estate investing career in the next year. I have been educating myself through reading articles and the BP podcast as well as saving my current income. I also have family members who are currently investing so have learned some things from them. I live and work near Hopkins, MN. My end-goal is to buy and hold rental properties and would like to start that journey through "househacking" a plex. I am looking in the Hopkins area, North Minneapolis, South Minneapolis, and Saint Louis Park. 

In addition, I have already spoke with a loan officer who did pre-approve me for a loan. This loan did include PMI and I am curious if anyone knows if it is possible to get a loan with a low-down payment and no PMI for a first-time home buyer? I know I have great credit and perhaps could have a co-signer.

Finally, which of the areas that I listed above (or any other areas for that matter) should I focus on finding a good deal that will at-least break-even? I more or less want to gain the experience and build the equity from the first deal rather than cash flow. It would also be super nice if my mortgage would be fully paid for or almost paid for by the tenants and I wouldn't have drive for an hour to Hopkins from my house.

Thank you all for any advice you can provide! I really appreciate it.

Jadde Rowe

Loading replies...