• Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Rehabbers/STR Owners looking for design/decorating help

Laura Sima
Pro Member
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Jul 14 2019, 13:55

Hi all,

Some background: I am currently doing a live-in rehab in St. Paul with my husband and looking to sell our house next spring to continue our real estate investing journey (we're looking to get into rentals and potentially flips). I've started a blog and IG account and have gained some attention for my design and decorating and have started a business. 

My business is currently broad and I am offering a variety of decorating and design services to homeowners. I am looking to create a "niche" clientele and hoping to market specifically to investors- specifically flippers and long- and short-term rental owners. This will allow me to combine my passions of investing and design, and ideally continue to learn more about the investing world.

I will offer 3 "levels" of service at a range of price points, based on the investor's needs: design (hard finishes/fixtures) only; design + furnishing/decor (investor orders/installs); design + furnishing/decor + install (I order/install/decorate/optional: photograph).

My questions for those of you who are very involved with the MSP market is: do you think these services would be of value to investors? What do you feel might be reasonable prices for such services? Do you have any advice on how I might begin to market these services to investors? 

Thank you!

*note: this is not an advertisement- I am truly looking for advice here!* 

Loading replies...