Lol. Cecil is being protested. MMHA is just being clowned.

4 Replies

https://www.startribune.com/protesters-demand-extension-of-eviction-moratorium-even-as-walz-extends-it/571981842/?refresh=true

Lol. Cecil is being protested. Something tells me the guy, being so out of touch with the contemporary ''mob justice: more free S__T'' crowd will fold/wilt under pressure, and make concessions to them.

On your dime. Wait for it.

How's that working out for you, Landlords? Still putting your money/faith into a group that produces nothing for you? When was it last that anyone can say that MMHA had a WIN for you all? Or is it all sorta like saying that you have a "Legal Sheild" account, and that you can just say you have an account/membership,  but it's basically worthless in reality?

You need to start running "your own" as candidates for the local City council spots. The time is ripe for it. Make changes from within, especially in mpls. There's a spot open right now, and if you look at the candidates.... Seriously? Do you really want "another" model like  Warsame, such as Bihi and Shaie that support disbanding or restructuring the Minneapolis Police Department? 'Cause you know how that crowd thinks overall.... You might as well just sell today if either of these 'Omar' Bootcamp graduates get the seat.

https://www.startribune.com/crowded-field-vies-for-open-ward-6-seat-on-minneapolis-city-council/571968862/

Michael P. Dougherty seems to be the only 'sane' American running in that race. 

MMHA is a failure though. Especially after the Supremce court ruling this week in Mn, concerning section 8. 

Don't hold back @Eric Johnson , tell us how you really feel, lol. 

Thing is MMHA doesn't cover or care about any and every investor/landlord, they cover those that matter to them which is generally the giant corporate level landlord entities. For mid to small sized landlord in MN, there is nobody fighting for you, none. It's a sad state of things.

James Hamling puh-lease. Right from their website, below, annual membership information.

There isn't enough inventory locally for him to cater to the large multi-unit investors, still pay staff, and do any of the other garbage they 'advertise' like lobbying and government outreach. The pricing scam is aimed squarely at the smaller investor. They're his bread and butter. Most of the operators with 100's of doors operate nationally (and Section 8 doesn't scare them) and have legal teams that dwarf whatever this out-of-date putz can field on his own. When you look at the 'services' MMHA offers, it's still a joke, because any of the 'reports' they generate are going to be standard fare offered from any CRE group worth it's salt...And the groups that own 100's of doors are going to rely on local CRE for any of those deals.

0 Units: $159

1-4 Units: $139

5-20 Units: $159

21-49 Units: $297

50-99 Units: $457

100-249 Units: $1,045

250-499 Units - $1,919

500-999 Units: $2,444

1,000-1,999 Units: $3,137

2,000-2,999 Units: $4,362

3,000-3,999 Units: $5,235

4,000-4,999 Units: $6,105

5,000-5,999 Units: $6,631

6,000+ Units: $6,825

Affiliate (employee): $105

Developer: $1,045

Non-Managing Investor: $498

Greater MN Affiliate: $105

Greater MN Chapter: $105*

*Plus Chapter dues

Originally posted by @Eric Johnson :

James Hamling puh-lease. Right from their website, below, annual membership information.

There isn't enough inventory locally for him to cater to the large multi-unit investors, still pay staff, and do any of the other garbage they 'advertise' like lobbying and government outreach. The pricing scam is aimed squarely at the smaller investor. They're his bread and butter. Most of the operators with 100's of doors operate nationally (and Section 8 doesn't scare them) and have legal teams that dwarf whatever this out-of-date putz can field on his own. When you look at the 'services' MMHA offers, it's still a joke, because any of the 'reports' they generate are going to be standard fare offered from any CRE group worth it's salt...And the groups that own 100's of doors are going to rely on local CRE for any of those deals.

0 Units: $159

1-4 Units: $139

5-20 Units: $159

21-49 Units: $297

50-99 Units: $457

100-249 Units: $1,045

250-499 Units - $1,919

500-999 Units: $2,444

1,000-1,999 Units: $3,137

2,000-2,999 Units: $4,362

3,000-3,999 Units: $5,235

4,000-4,999 Units: $6,105

5,000-5,999 Units: $6,631

6,000+ Units: $6,825

Affiliate (employee): $105

Developer: $1,045

Non-Managing Investor: $498

Greater MN Affiliate: $105

Greater MN Chapter: $105*

*Plus Chapter dues

Not sure what your point is as the circular direction of anger and rage is all I was able to disseminate from this. And not enough inventory, are you speaking of the Twin Cities or Minnesota? Either way, that's a laughable statement, at best. 

As for the entities with, as you said, 100's of doors, no my friend I said the BIG corporate level landlords, that is tens of thousands of doors. And before you say there isn't any of those either, would you like their name and MN address? Yeah, I actually know what I am talking about, from 1st hand knowledge, maybe better to look up who your talking to and the background before making armchair empty statements. 

I am also a bit confused as I was agreeing, as a person who has been inside of the MMHA world, I don't see the value what so ever, for anyone, and I feel sympathy with the landlords who don't have the "juice" to call up the governors office or similar and get a call back in 15 minutes, that's what the MMHA and similar are supposed to be but in my experience they don't. Proof of the ineffectiveness of the MMHA is our current state of moratorium, big corporate property groups are taken care of and the independent operator is living on hope and prayer. 

Again, not sure why arguing with a person who is agreeing on the vast majority of points, only disagreeing is I am aware of the major players in MN with holdings that would make your head spin, measuring doors by thousands not hundreds, even tens of thousands. 

@James Hamling

Apologies, my sarcasm 'puh-lease. Right from their website' was meant still to be aimed at MMHA. I do believe the modeling is aimed at the smaller landlords that are supposed to believe that they 'belong' to something, or are being represented, when it's really just the 'fee' that they are after.

It was a little late when I posted that. I should have clarified better the 'Most of the operators with 100's of doors' was really aimed at the people that have multiple 'sites' with '100's of doors'. I am aware of 'some' locally that represent 1000's of doors and more in 'total'... my thinking on saying that was that there are very few 'sites' in the state that have 100's of rentals and that was my mistake. It was late.. It was off of the cuff, and I own it. Apologies.

Most of my frustration with this 'does' come from when you say 'I feel sympathy with the landlords who don't have the "juice" to call up the governors office or similar and get a call back in 15 minutes'... Frustration from the lack of action on the smaller investors side. It's been pretty clear since Frey initially rolled out even the concept of the 2040 plan, that the only way to fight some of it (inclusionary zoning) was to fight it from within by being able to undo the changes that the Council(s) cook up. Meaning, run candidates that are friendly to rental operators.

Too many rental operators 'skip on past' that time and again, the loudest voice, even with the protest this weekend, that 
'Inquilinxs Unidxs por Justicia' is their biggest foe in all of this. It's who came after Frenz last year, it's who pushed for the renters bill of rights that was passed.... and their 'juice' is always owning the city councils, either through the unrealistic sob story, or just pure mob protest.

Take away their juice. Take the councils. We're in a prime spot to do it. The 'sane' taxpayers that vote, the 'silent majority' on the left and right, are in a climate to vote out the council members in St.Paul/Mpls. There is an opportunity for the investor community to run candidates that the public will rationalize with.

relating to ' our current state of moratorium' have you seen THIS today?? I have no idea what rabbit he has in the hat for this, other than a bailout for rental operators.... anything BUT would be political suicide
https://therealdeal.com/miami/2020/08/03/trump-says-he-is-going-to-stop-evictions/?fbclid=IwAR1whQUu1hq8nntyIx0f3evuGNBRM6Yye3EagZ1MHb8J8w-CRE_ZaYiaRbg