Where do you buy appliances?

7 Replies

Do you have a goto place to buy appliances in St Louis? I am at the tail end of a 4 unit rehab and would be needing appliances to finish it off soon. 

New from Lowes or used from craigslist

I buy direct from GE, however Home Depot & Lowe’s usually has great deals on appliances that are dinged or dented.

Home Depot Black Friday sale

@David Song you only buy appliances once a year?  @Avi Garg We use a local company that will match or HomeDepot plus give us free delivery & haul away.  

@Avi Garg You are on the glide path to being finished!! Good job. There is only one place that you need to go in St. Louis: Slyman Brothers.  Their prices are are less than Home Depot. They have a landlord worthy washer that doesn't have electronics. They also have a delivery service,  who delivered a range to the upstairs unit without charge.  Another time they took away a couple of appliances and a deep freezer, left behind by tenants for $50.

I've found BestBuy to be a surprisingly competitive place to show for appliances that often throw in free delivery, installation, and haul away.

Lowe's and Home Depot have two or three times per year "Black Friday" type sales that are really good....I'm sure you know when the next one is coming up.  Aside from that, my best bet has been with MFS Supply - they price match.  I don't buy used...it's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get :)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here