New Investor to Omaha, NE

7 Replies | Omaha, Nebraska

Hi, I'm an investor located out of Colorado but I've identified Omaha, NE as a market I'd like to invest in. There appears to be good job growth and population growth, as well as low unemployment. I'm relatively new to real estate and have flipped one out-of-state property in Kansas City, MO. My goal is to flip single-family homes to generate capital which will be used to build a portfolio of rental homes. I'll be using my home equity line of credit to get started. I'm interested in networking with other investors in Omaha to see how we might be able to help each other. I plan to make a trip out there soon to meet other investors and hopefully attend a local real estate investor meeting. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on getting started in this market. Thanks.

Hi @Dave Vona , welcome to BP. I invest in commercial in Omaha and it is for sure a growing market. Pay close attention to the property taxes, especially in Douglas County. They’re brutal. Good luck.

Hi there from Omaha! 

I’m a local investor and Realtor in Omaha and love this market. Yes our taxes are rather high, but I feel like our ‘stable’ real estate market makes up for that. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way or if you would like to connect.

@Dave Vona Welcome to the Omaha area. I am a member of MOPOA (Metropolitan Omaha Property Owners Assoc.) which is predominately buy and hold investors. We meet Mon. evenings Sept.-May with one this evening. There are 2 other investor meetings, one predominately flippers called omaharealestatemeetup.com that will meet next 9/26 and the other Omaha1reia.com meets next 7/17. Good luck.

Dennis