Columbus GA Meet Up?

Columbus GA Meet Up?

Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Columbus, GA doesn't have a REA that I know of, and I see a lot of newcomers to BP from the area including Phenix City, Fort Mitchell, AL.  Would some of you like to get together and exchange some ideas and contact information?  We should strengthen our local network improve our buyers/sellers list and make referrals to each other like electricians, plumbers, construction guys, etc.

3Reply
133 views

Most Popular Reply

Donnie M.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Cullman, AL · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 64 votes
10y

@Trey Reese They met on Tuesday of last week.  Had an appraiser speak and a representative from Atlanta with a company that does contracting/rehab work.  Here is the details of the meeting time/date:

There is a meet up at the Keller Williams in Columbus on Veterans Parkway. The group is called the "River Cities Investor Roundtable". Meeting the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.  Always looking to network if anyone is aware of additional meet ups in the area. 

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairburn, GA · Member since 2011 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    I completely, and wholeheartedly support this idea. I currently have a rental property in the Columbus, GA area that I've been trying to build a team of contractors for. I would be very much so interested in networking with fellow investors, contractors, bankers, real estate lawyers, etc. Count me in!!!

  • Mil SanghviPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Anthony Dooley 

    Columbus, GA does a REA although very small and not diverse among different professional areas like bankers, contractors etc, they meet once a month on Tuesday evening. The REA is unstructured, typically has a speaker to discuss a specific topic.

    In the past, guest speakers from Atlanta have come down as key note speakers. 

    Contact me for more info.

    Mil Sanghvi

  • Phenix City, AL · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I would be interested.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2009 · 381 posts · 134 votes
    11y

    I'm interested, please update me. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Austell, GA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    I'm always down! 

  • Wholesaler · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    To either of you,

    I saw you have some activity in the Georgia market. I wanted to reach out because I have a very well priced deal in Phenix City that I need to move fast! I'm out of state from FL so the option of doing a renovation doesn't make sense to me. The home is priced extremely well for an investor to pick it up and list back on the market after some renovations...Let me know if any of you have interest.

    Thanks,

    Adam

  • Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Does anyone have an up-to-date status on a Columbus, GA REIA meeting. I've found several names and contact info that seem to be out of date. Can anyone confirm that a monthly or weekly meeting is happening - -- where?/When?

    Thanks

  • Donnie M.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cullman, AL · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 64 votes
    10y

    @Trey Reese They met on Tuesday of last week.  Had an appraiser speak and a representative from Atlanta with a company that does contracting/rehab work.  Here is the details of the meeting time/date:

    There is a meet up at the Keller Williams in Columbus on Veterans Parkway. The group is called the "River Cities Investor Roundtable". Meeting the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.  Always looking to network if anyone is aware of additional meet ups in the area. 

  • Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Donnie M. - thanks for the info.  I'll put it on my calendar.

  • Property Manager · Fortson, GA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Does anyone know when the next meeting is? 

  • New to Real Estate · NYC · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Any Columbus, GA property managers at the meetings?

  • Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @David Morgan - the next meeting will be Oct 4th @ 7pm (1st Tuesday of each month).

    @James P. - I don't typically meet anyone advertising themselves as property managers, but I'm sure you could network to some with people at the meetings.  It's a reasonably small meeting group - usually 10-15 per meeting.  I have some contacts with local property management companies - if you'd like, I'll pass along that contact info.

  • New to Real Estate · NYC · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Trey Reese, Thanks for the feedback. I would appreciate it if you would send me some contact info of the property management companies.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi!  I'll be at the meeting on Oct 4th.  Thank you

  • Fort Mitchell , AL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    Love this idea
  • Rental Property Investor · Auburn, AL · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    This is group still meeting? If so, is it still the 1st Tuesday?

  • Member since 2018 · 83 posts · 68 votes
    6y

    A large portion of my investment portfolio exists in Columbus, GA, thus I'm curious to see if this event is still ongoing during the midst of the pandemic.  If not, I'd be happy to host something virtually.

  • Landlord · Carmichael, CA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    You host it Kyle A. Isaacs and I'll be there.  Preferably after 5:00pm PST.  My portion is not large.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    As an intro, I live out of state, but I have property / invest in Columbus (we used to live in the area). @Kyle A. Isaacs I would also be interested if you’re going to be hosting virtually. 

  • Member since 2018 · 83 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    @Lauren Caporaso @Glen Z. - I'm going to speak with my agent and see if he could attend as a guest speaker.  Details to follow shortly but I'm going to aim for early next week.
      

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    This implies that your agent knows something about real estate investing.  Most agents do not.
  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Good morning, I'm pretty new here. I've been investing in Columbus for a few years now, and I would also be interested if you all are doing a virtual meet up. 

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Absolutely!!

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Kyle A. Isaacs Thanks - will be great to network/connect with other investors in Columbus.

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Good Morning, I sent over an email.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.