Flipping in Cold weather

5 Replies

Hello, BP members.

I have a question I hope to get answered.  I am an Newbie to the Columbus, Ohio area.  I want to know Is it O.K. to flip in cold weather?  Or will the property just sit there until warmer weather?  I would think December to March would be a bad time.  Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Hi Gerald. Welcome.

Buy now, work over winter, list April 1st. It's best for appraisal issues to hold 6 months when possible.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hello, BP members.

I have a question I hope to get answered.  I am an Newbie to the Columbus, Ohio area.  I want to know Is it O.K. to flip in cold weather?  Or will the property just sit there until warmer weather?  I would think December to March would be a bad time.  Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Gerald

We have guys buying every month that do flips. Depends on what you are doing. If it is new construction I'd refrain from buying or if there are massive foundation issues I wouldn't either. We had a guy that bought one in Bexley (a suburb of Columbus) with foundation issues in about march last year and he was fine. We have new construction going up in at least 2 areas that will be built in the winter but we need to get it framed up and all boxed in to save from the elements. If you keep utilities on you should be fine. Bank owned without utilities can be riskier in the Winter because inspector cannot test utilities or water and that could be massive risk if it's turned off. So just depends on the property. That's my best advice. 

you can flip any time if the numbers are right...you just want to focus on  inside upgrades in the cold weather and realize that you may have to allow for extra costs to keep it warm   but it can be done easy

Thanks for the input.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here