Skip to content
Columbus Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes

Mapping out good and bad areas in Columbus CA

Posted Nov 12 2021, 10:46

Hi everyone, I am trying to map out good & bad areas in Columbus CA. Ideally avoiding high crime areas and and highlighting neighborhoods grade B C and D.
What I got so far is
Good areas: Hilliard, grove city, Worthington, Westville, New Albany and downtown in general (Grand view, olde town east. Bexley and German Village).
Bad areas: Hilltop.

Does anyone know more zip codes or areas I should avoid?
Or other areas good to invest other than downtown?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Ella Lan
  • Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Replied Nov 12 2021, 11:04

Avoid south linden and Franklinton if you're more risk adverse, they're rough still. 

If you're interested in a small multi near downtown, let me know. I have one I'm considering letting go. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 12 2021, 11:07

I use Housing Alerts for appreciation and market score & Trulia for Crime score anytime I'm selecting a neighborhood in the U.S.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Sgandurra
  • Investor
  • Reno NV/Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Reno NV/Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 12 2021, 12:51

North Linden is coming around, the east side of Franklinton (preferably E of SR315), and anything within maybe a 1.5 mile radius of Childrens Hospital are all areas that seem to be on the upswing and friendly to investors. Anything around OSU will have a strong rental demand as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 12 2021, 16:30
Originally posted by @Ella Lan:

Avoid south linden and Franklinton if you're more risk adverse, they're rough still. 

If you're interested in a small multi near downtown, let me know. I have one I'm considering letting go. 

I think there are some great parts of Franklinton and Linden. I have bought a few deals in Franklinton and one in North Linden this year!

I think it all depends on the tenants you place. There are good ones and bad ones here in Columbus, Ohio

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Tom
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 26 2021, 18:28

@Rebeca Trabachini, I don't think you should stay out of any zip code. You should find an agent or property manager that knows the ins and outs of the different neighborhoods. As an agent, property manager, and investor myself, I find it ridiculous that out of state investors will try to scare you away from the neighborhoods that I personally invest in!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 27 2021, 00:23

@Rebeca Trabachini

You are looking to flip or buy and hold?