Looking to Connect with Folks Interested in Cleveland Ohio

14 Replies | Cleveland, Ohio

Hello!

My sister and I are new members of the bigger pockets community. We have enjoyed listening to the podcasts, and consequently developed a niche finding distressed sellers in Cleveland, Oh. 

Wanted to receive opinions, what is the best way to connect and develop our list of cash buyers using this wonderful site?

Thanks for your input!

Kristopher

The best way to build relationships on bigger pockets is to answer forum questions in your area of expertise, and make a sincere effort to help others. In time, the right people will find you.

Good luck

Bob

Thanks Bob, thats exactly what we have been doing. You can lose track of time just search through all of the available forums! haha 

Look forward to being a resource for as many people as possible. 

Kris

Originally posted by @Kristopher Stovall :

Hello!

My sister and I are new members of the bigger pockets community. We have enjoyed listening to the podcasts, and consequently developed a niche finding distressed sellers in Cleveland, Oh. 

Wanted to receive opinions, what is the best way to connect and develop our list of cash buyers using this wonderful site?

Thanks for your input!

Hello and welcome! Cleveland is a great place to invest right now. Best of luck to you! 

I'm from the Detroit area. Our market is pretty good right now but deals are getting thinner and thinner especially for multi families. How is Cleveland with multi-families? I should take a drive down and check out the area. 

Emilio a quick trip to Cleveland would serve you well. Cleveland is very similar to the Detroit market. There are still multi families you can get your hands on. Especially via tax of sheriff sales. Come in on a Saturday, drive around, and then watch the Browns will a games on Sunday haha. 

Originally posted by @Mitchell Litam :

@Kristopher Stovall what methods do you use to find these distressed properties?

The most common method is driving for dollars. However we do have connections throughout the city, and receive lots of leads. Direct mailing, and even getting our hands on tax delinquent lists. 

Hello!

Thanks for your input!

Hello Kristopher,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

Cleveland has some of the most affordable real estate. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best regards and good luck.

Renee 

Hello!

Thanks for your input!

I've sold $100M+ here on Bigger Pockets. Here is the formula to extreme success.

1. Post quality content daily. One post every few months isn't going to cut it. You need to community to get to know you.

2. You can post 2 ads in the marketplace every day. Use them. Do not let a day go by without utilizing your 2 available ads.

3. When posting your 2 ads make sure they are good deals. You don't catch bees by chasing them. You catch bees by finding the hive. Once you have the hive the bees come to you.

Hello Kristopher and "Sister",

I am a newer member to Bigger Pockets as well.  In fact this is my first post.  

I live in Long Beach, CA, and I made the decision almost immediately after learning about "Bigger Pockets" to start looking around to invest in out of state deals because of the prohibitive costs hear in CA.  I read David Green's book about "Long Distance Real Estate Investing" and got to work searching.

I have been researching where to start and was drawn to Cleveland for a couple of reasons.  I know people in Ohio (Fremont), the landlord friendly state it is, the low vacancy rates and the employment opportunities near Cleveland drew me in.  I have been scouring the internet, evaluating properties, and giving the "Rental Property" evaluation tool on this website a workout.  I have personally looked at over 150 properties on the internet.   I feel like I am on the right path because the three properties I wanted to make an offer on were quickly sold before I pulled the trigger.

One of the most difficult things for me to find is a property which still needs improvements so I can increase the value to justify raising rents and accomplishing a proper BRRRR, but one that does not need a complete tear out and remodel.  The three things I am keeping a priority in my search are Location, Location, Location!!

If you or anyone else reading has input or any access to deals like this, I would be very interested in hearing from you.  

So you know, I haven't purchased any property yet but I am in the process of getting prequalified for a loan to see what my purchase limits are.  I have completed a HELOC so I will have some cash in hand for construction costs or a quick cash purchase of a property.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

@Kristopher Stovall  Cleveland is the Best overall rental market in America, 2 years in a row ranked by Forbes, Really the last 10 years, but they were not paying attention. With Amazon taking the old Euclid mall, about 800k sq ft, and now have a new  building about  1 million sq ft  20 min away in the heart of everything , seem as though pricing is going even higher.   All the best,