Skip to content
Nashville Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tasha D.
  • Hermitage, TN
Votes |
How do I keep a compeititive edge in this market?

Tasha D.
  • Hermitage, TN
Posted May 5 2016, 07:28

I am a first time all cash investor.  I have done my research, set a plan, and started placing offers. The problem is, the moment something is listed it seems to fly off the market immediately. I usually still need time to view the property and get a hold of my realtor, and by then a better or faster offer on the properties have been made, and I have lost yet another good property. My range is anything below 100k. I know this is super competitive in the Nashville market, but what can I do to gain a competitive edge?

User Stats

Votes
Leo K.
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Nashville, TN
Replied May 5 2016, 08:58

Go directly to listing agent, cut the middle man. Listing agent facilitates the transaction and gets double commission instead of sharing with your rep.

User Stats

Votes
Devan Mcclish
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Replied May 6 2016, 18:56

stop looking on the mls for deals. go direct to seller

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
John Welz
  • Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Replied May 6 2016, 19:02

I have been having the same issues. I am going to try direct mail and see what kind of results I get. Everyone I have talked to says stay off the MLS.

User Stats

Votes
Tasha D.
  • Hermitage, TN
Votes |
  • Hermitage, TN
Replied May 8 2016, 20:13

@Devan Mcclish    Great advice everyone thank you! I will let you know what works for me. How do you start direct mailing? @John Welz 

User Stats

Votes
John Welz
  • Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Peabody, MA
Replied May 9 2016, 04:41

Tasha 

There are some websites that will generate lists for you of different property records for a small fee. For example, ListSource.com will generate a list with conditions you set (such as absentee multi family properties in such a area range) It will give you names and addresses for you to mail, and also other information on the property. 

Or to save on some time you can use RealEFlow.com, which is a service that will generate the same lists and send out the letters for you as well. This one is I believe $7 membership per month and then the cost of the mailings. You can set up ones to go out every couple of weeks and different letters. The only thing I don't like, which isnt a huge deal, is all the letters/postcards are generic from the site. You can't upload your own. 

Feel free to message me if you have any more questions. I have been doing some research and just getting into it too, so I will try to help however I can. 

Hope it works out.