Things to do in Nashville before/after BP conference?

13 Replies | Nashville, Tennessee

Hey Nashville folks.  I've had a couple of folks going to the BP conference in Nashville ask me about things they should do/see/eat while they are there.  It has been a hot minute since I spent much time in the area and since we moved to Memphis lots has changed.

Would love to hear from locals.  My list so far is:

Broadway

Hattie B's Hot chicken 

Country music hall of fame and museum.

What would you add?

Lots of breweries, vineyards like arrington. The parthenon at centennial, love cir used to have a great view of the city, plaza mariachi is a unique multicultural experience, we have a topgolf now, grand ol Opry, soundwaves at opryland is new, drive up and down music row, the res a cool 'secret" speakeasy under the noelle hotel. Another hotel downtown has an old school bus on the rooftop and bar. Yeehaw is a newer bar that is kind of a little village right downtown. Also Cumberland park right downtown next to the river is unique.

If you want an authentic local dive bar, hit Santa’s Pub.

And go to Roberts on Broadway some evening (early ish to get a seat), the band will get introduced at some point and you’ll learn that between the ~6 of them on stage they’ve toured with and/ or played on every album since Willie Nelson was in short pants. The fiddle player has been on literally hundreds of albums. World class musicians front to back.

If you’re into yuppie hipster crap go wander around the Gulch and spend $24 on a pint of something similar to beer.

3 Crow in East Nash has great shrimp n gritts.

I know most of you are staying at the Gaylord and there are 2 great food spots in Donelson, not far from the Gaylord Opry on your way to downtown and that is Nectar (Mexican street tacos) and Party Foul (Hot Chicken).  Germantown has a lot of great upscale restaurants.  If you are looking for music but not on Broadway, I would check out Whiskey Jam at Winner's bar in Midtown around 9pm ish.  It is kind of a local thing with top song writers playing it and then maybe a random guest appearance by a well known artist.  Always a popular thing to do on Monday nights.  I am a big fan of Tavern and The Stillery for food in Midtown as well.  

@Sam Wilson

NOT Hattie Bs. Take that off your list! Tourist trap and it's not good.

Instead, go to:

Big shakes hot chicken and fish, Princes hot chicken, Pepperfire, 400 Degrees.

Those places serve real hot chicken.