Houston Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Mihail Bakirov
Votes |
Please suggest property management company (manager) in Houston

Mihail Bakirov
Posted Nov 27 2021, 20:05

For a huge single-family house with many bedrooms and a guest house, we are considering Airbnb STRs, a bed and breakfast type of thing.

Please suggest a property management company in Houston.

Or would it make sense to hire a live-in property manager/ administrator?

User Stats

Votes
Jesus Roman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Dec 1 2021, 10:09

@Mihail Bakirov shoot me a PM and I would be more than happy to send some recommendations on over. 

User Stats

Votes
Bud Gaffney
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Dec 1 2021, 10:11

check out "Real Property Management" It is a franchise. At the website, put in your zip code. It will give you the closest office. Good luck to you!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Dec 2 2021, 09:05

In our experience, the #1 mistake landlords make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

Landlords mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator.

So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

This also leads them to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

We have a 12 page management contract that we've added our real experiences to over the years, with the intent of protecting both us AND the landlord. Beyond the Monthly Management, Placement & Maintenance fees, all other fees in our contract are IF EVENT -> THEN fees.

We don’t know any PMCs to recommend in the area mentioned, but since selecting the wrong PMC is usually more harmful than selecting a bad tenant, you might want to read our series about “How to Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsey Garza
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Galveston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Galveston, TX
Replied Dec 19 2021, 07:28

@Mihail Bakirov - in what part of Houston is your property located? I have 10 years of STR rental management experience, as a management company owner, and as a broker working with buyers and sellers. If you are still looking for the right person/company, please reach out to me. I was raised in Houston, manage STR primarily in Galveston County, and live in League City. If the location doesn't work, I will personally know someone who would be a better fit for your needs.

Sorry that I am bit late to the conversation...better late than never! :)

Galveston Vacation Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Dec 23 2021, 07:29

Please message me, I would be happy to help.