Skip to content
Houston Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Vijaianand Thirunageswaram
  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
High Interest,High Home prices - What you all up to these days?

Vijaianand Thirunageswaram
  • Real Estate Broker/Owner & Property Manager
  • Sugar Land, TX
Posted Nov 11 2022, 13:21

Howdy Houston REI's,

It's been really too long since I posted or communicated with the group. I also do not see any intriguing posts and it looks like dead zone with our local forum. I know the high rates and high prices of the properties really make the numbers to work for any strategy these days putting hard brake on investment activity. I heard that before rates gone up, institutional investment was almost 50% of the sales in Texas. It has recently dropped to 20% after continuous fed rate increase. It's good for our small local investors and hope it's get better and more supply in the market.

Last few months, I have been busy with lots of Property management activities where owners moving out and renting out the old homes. That activity has increased a lot in Houston. Also I was able to close few wholesale deals for my investors which was really and rare. One deal almost $600k worth with 950k ARV and investor bought it and plan to do house hack and flip it later. Another one is in house transaction which one of my investor unloaded it off market and sold to my other investor and we did rehab and refinanced and end up really good equity on it. Deals do come like these but too much competition makes prices to raise and screw up the numbers. I advised most of my investors to wait out and raid this tide and get ready for the low ones if we end up going to recession.

What do you all up to these days? 
BTW, I am planning to bring back Holiday Party which we did in 2019 at Karbach. So do let me know what do you all think about it?

Happy Friday!!!

Vijai

• Broker TX (#612107)

Om Realty Group Logo

Loading replies...