Dev Khosla
  • Prosper, TX
Votes |
North Dallas Suburbs - Primary Residence/ Investment

Dev Khosla
  • Prosper, TX
Posted May 30 2017, 16:52

Hi Everyone, 

We are planning to sell our home in Florida with about $130K in hand after the sale and move to Dallas with a target property range of 350K-450K. This will be a mixed investment and primary home situation that we intend to stay in at-least 5-10 years if not more. We will be looking for the highest rated school so it restricts us to north suburbs. Location is not an issue as long as I am 1.5 hours drive from DFW Airport. 

Q1: If you can suggest very specific areas in suburbs (Frisco etc) that fit the bill of a long term investor/primary residence where the market may not have peaked yet.

Q2: My other big concern is that I will be buying retail value at the top of the market. Does anyone here have a gloomy outlook that we may loose 20-30% market value over current prices during to sudden inflation that resembles the curve of previous crash? The reason I ask is to see if I should buy a more expensive home using all my cash $130 or hold back some and go for a 15 year loan instead of 30 years and keep some as contingency. 

Dave in FL

Loading replies...