Wholesaling Gurus

5 Replies

I have heard a lot about two wholesaling gurus. I'm not sure if "gurus" will be the right word. Usually that word has a negative impact when in comes to real estate. However, they both seem pretty legit and seem to be doing a lot of deals and growing their wholesale business big time. Their names are Sean Terry and Than Merrill. But they also offer mentorship programs (not thinking about doing them or anything) but for some reason I feel that a lot of people who offer mentorship programs are a little bit shady or make little money investing and a lot more mentoring (which should be the other way around, in my opinion). Anyways, I don't know much about them and would appreciate your opinion on them. Thanks!

Than Merrill is FortuneBuilders.  They are typical of all the upsell gurus.  They get you in with a free 2-hour "educational" seminar, using the hook that they are "looking to build their team" in the area.  That leads to a $200 3-day training program, which is essentially a 3-day sales pep rally, during which they try to convince you to "apply" for entry into their Mastery program.  The "application" and "screening" process is basically...Who has $29k to spend on this program TODAY?  Now, if you really can't come up with $29k, they have some "quick start" programs that can be right sized to your current budget.

I could go on and on.

It's a marketing ploy.  There is no real value add to anything they do, and you aren't getting anything you can't find right here on BP for free.

@Priscila Argaez  I agree that you shouldn't pay a ton for training. I believe Sean Terry has a free book on Amazon that is actually pretty good though. If you implement the basic steps, you should be fine without spending money. 

@Priscila Argaez  

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below as a starting point.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 80 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Couple good reads 

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

This post has been removed.