Disclosure: Mentor Student

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Since this is one of the threads that I found to be the most helpful to me in deciding to pursue a career in REI, I figured I'd start here. On January 19th of this year, I joined @Dave Dinkel 's mentoring program. About 3 weeks into the program, I got my first deal under contract that just closed last week with a net profit of 14k. I also have 2 more deals currently under contract and 4-5 in the works. So does the program work? In my opinion it does, but you have to put in the WORK and I can honestly see how it won't work for many. Please take what I'm saying as a grain of salt because I've been in the program for less than 3 months and aside from obtaining my real estate license last year, I have no prior experience. In fact, last week was the first time I've ever closed a deal in any investment capacity other than the houses I've bought for myself in the past.

One of the issues I think students will run into with this program is that although Dave and his team will answer all of your questions and help you from beginning to end, they will not hold your hand. You have to put in the work and figure out your own methods to determine what works. So for anyone reading this in the future and looking to join, you need to think of the program like this. Dave will show you a door that even some Realtors that have been in the business for years never knew existed. On the other side of this door, is the world where true investors play and find real deals. He'll also give you the basic knowledge that you'll need to find your way and he'll be there to answer your questions. What he won't do is spoon feed you the information that he gives you in his material. It's up to you to go through the material then start filling in the gaps and implementing your own methods to find properties. One thing that I've also found to be very helpful is that I'm also a Realtor. The access to information I have along with the classes I've taken at the Miami Association have been very helpful in assisting me to zero in on specific target groups very quickly. This is something you should consider prior to joining in my opinion. The reason being is that when you're a Realtor, you're able to unlock certain sections in REIFAX that will be unable to you if you are not an active licensee. I also would have never noticed these deficiencies in REIFAX if it wasn't for me being trained on using Matrix and seeing firsthand how detailed the searches on the MLS can be.

I know what I have just said is extremely simplistic and basic to the more experienced investors on this site. However, my goal is to hopefully help someone who's on the fence like I was back in December and give them an idea of what to expect. If you put in the work, figure it out, and join all the information you have access to, the program should work for you. Hope this helps!