FreedomSoft Scam!

FreedomSoft Scam!

Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes

Hello, does anyone else have any experience with Preston Eloy's FreedomSoft system?

My business partner and I bought into it  quickly saw its limitations then just as quickly canceled our service  within two weeks. So well within the 30 day trial period.

However, they continue to bill my credit card for the service in spite of the confirmed cancellation.

Has anyone else had any issues like this with them? Of course emails and phone calls are going unanswered. It would seem the only contact they are able to make is between their bank and my credit card.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated  

0Reply
264 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert KasineczPro Member
Professional · Lisle, IL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 5 votes
10y

report card as stolen and replace, i do that on all cards every few years help with identify fraud also

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robert KasineczPro Member
    Professional · Lisle, IL · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    report card as stolen and replace, i do that on all cards every few years help with identify fraud also

  • Rehabber · Woodbridge, NJ · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    I've actually used freedom soft it works out well for me In your trail period profile delete cc information call bank tell them what happened and contact freedom soft as well
  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I really wanted FS to work. The idea is brilliant. It really is. However, I found that about 1/3 of the emails I sent through the system never reached the recipient. I was having issues with it being buggy and crashing. The websites were up and down all the time. I called their tech support only to be told they would submit a ticket. There was no one in tech support I could actually chat with. When they did reply, they used mostly useless canned emails. 

    The idea is brilliant, the product isn't ready yet though. At least in my experience. My biggest issue was the fact that I couldn't count on emails actually getting through. Oh and people would fill out buyer or seller forms, and they would never populate. They just vanished like they were never filled out. That's no Bueno business. 

    Anyhow, I removed my info back in February when I left it. This time, I called every number I had for them. In the past when you called, you got a touch one for billing  touch two of whatever touch three for tech support. Now it's just a general mailbox. That seems suddenly shady.

    My bank is reversing the charges and blacklisting them.

    Like I said, it's a shame as I really had high hopes for this working.

    Maybe I'll find something else someday. For now it's basically Google forms and self built websites. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I am currently using Investorfuse, which has been great.  It is a podio based crm with lots of cool abilities.  However I tried Freedomsoft just to pull down cash buyer data to see where to market, and I was impressed by what they say it can do.  Glad that I searched BP as it looks like I will be sticking with Investorfuse.  

  • Professional · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    I am so glad I saw your reply as I checked out Investorfuse and it's exactly what I am looking for!!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Yikes, sorry to hear! Hope you get your money back. 

  • Landlord · Buchanan, MI · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    FreedomSoft doesn't do anything but monetize CL and other obvious public info for their benefit. I've never been amenable to systems that insist on a monthly tax on my business. And crashy too?:\?!

    Thanks BP for giving me the info I need to avoid trash products!

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 315 posts · 63 votes
    9y

    @Rob Swanson,

    How does the automated lead generation work?  I couldn't find anything too specific on the site.

  • Wholesaler · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 7 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed You can do automated lead generation in several ways, depending on whether you're looking for seller leads, buyer leads or private lender leads.

    Seller Leads: (1) Lead Swiper (online lead search with dozens of targeted searches), (2) Instant Leads -- direct access to listed properties nationwide with a click (3) OfferBot, automated offer making software (I use this every day) (4) Direct Mail Connect (upload your own list or use lists out of Freedomsoft) -- my team manages a ton of direct mail in my real estate business using this, (5) SMS lead generation (I use this every day)...and that's just scratching the surface.

    Buyer Leads: (1) Nationwide Cash Buyer database (millions of buyer records at the click of a mouse) -- including buyer name, address and all property addresses they've bought including closing dates and prices paid.  (2) You can also use Lead Swiper to target buyers online.

    Private Lender Leads: (1) Lead Swiper can easily target private lender leads (2) Nationwide Private Lender database (although this is 1-time payment premium feature, it's cheap), if you want access to capital, quick and easy, it's a no brainer.

    Hope that helps.

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 315 posts · 63 votes
    9y

    @Rob Swanson,

    Thanks for the information.  Do you have an associate I could speak with further.  I would like to inquire further but don't think the form is a good median for doing so.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Bigger Pockets censored my past my post about the  software from Freedom Soft. Check out our comments on Pissed Consumer for more about this poor excuse for real estate investing software.

  • Investor · Renton, WA · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Relighting this thread, anyone use Freedomsoft (FS) in 2018 or 2019? I have been an avid Podio user but I really do like the interface and offerings of FS. There offerings seem better than in past years:

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 230 posts · 77 votes
    7y
    was wondering the same thing ...

    Originally posted by @Autumn Allen:

    Relighting this thread, anyone use Freedomsoft (FS) in 2018 or 2019? I have been an avid Podio user but I really do like the interface and offerings of FS. There offerings seem better than in past years:

  • Flipper/Rehabber · FL · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I just saw the webinar, and had to do a search on ratings before it was over. It's a really sexy application on webinar, but even for the "Get It Now" price may not be worth it if you can't shut it off in a timely manner.  

    Who knows this app for an opinion?  Freedom Soft?

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Just asked this question in a FB group.  Really need a crm. And I like the project management function also.   looking to pull the trigger soon. 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Think I am going to give Freedomsoft a try, will keep you guys updated in the following weeks of how it goes. 

  • Investor & RE Agent · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Justin Elliott:

    Think I am going to give Freedomsoft a try, will keep you guys updated in the following weeks of how it goes. 

    Hey Justin, just following up on this post. Looking into using Freedomsoft 

  • Specialist · Bastrop, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey Justin et al,

    Any updates on Freedom Soft?  Loved the video on the site and the real time sms option.  I've been doing D4D with Deal Machine and my own postcard campaigns.  Have gotten very little responses.  Looking to upgrade my game and speed is of the essence. I am a firm believer of sms.  Please update the community with any Freedom Soft reviews.

    Thanks,

    Blake from Bastrop, TX

  • Developer · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Yes, any updates from FreedomSoft users would be greatly appreciated!! I will be participating in the webinar this Saturday to learn about the platform.

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Any updates? This is included in Rob Swanson's Inbound Arbitrage course.

  • Phoenix AZ · Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6d

    Replying to Melinda's question above — I went through Rob Swanson's Inbound Arbitrage course a couple of years ago, which is where I first encountered FreedomSoft, so I can speak to that side of it.

    I want to be upfront about the context: I'd just quit my job and was looking for a new career when I came across this. The social media marketing for the course is what really got me — it's built around a very specific pain point, the promise that you'll never have to make cold calls again, and I'd been burned out on hundreds of cold calls a day at a previous sales job. I was sold on that promise, invested my full savings into the course and the coaching, and went all in.

    You use FreedomSoft to pull homeowner lists (I worked a market outside my home state) and send batches of postcards, then wait for inbound calls from people who want to sell. In practice, out of somewhere between 800–1,000 postcards I sent, I only ever got two callbacks. Meanwhile close to half of the postcards themselves came back to me as undeliverable. When I raised this with my assigned coach, the advice was to start cold calling to make up the volume — the exact opposite of what the program had promised going in.

    I was paying for the educational container and software access in installments, and once I couldn't keep up (having made $0 back at that point), access was cut off. I'd signed a contract, so I understood I had no real recourse, and I ultimately had to walk away from that entire investment and start over in a different direction.

    Beyond the money, I'd been sold on this being my new path forward at a moment when I badly wanted one, and having it fall through the way it did was a real blow. I'm posting this mainly so anyone considering the program goes in with realistic expectations about response rates, and especially so people are skeptical of the "no cold calling ever" pitch specifically — that promise did not hold up for me.

    Rob and his team have been suddenly sending a lot of marketing emails out in the past couple weeks (after years of silence) which is what drove me to find this post and share my story.

    Silver lining: this experience is actually part of what pushed me into starting my own marketing business, and these days I'm on the other side of it — helping solopreneuers with their marketing. So take my two cents for what it's worth! 😄

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.