• Austin, TX
Votes |
DC Fawcett/Karen Hanover Commercial Goldrush Trip Report

Jean Norton
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jul 3 2010, 03:50

Karen Hanover/DC Fawcett Commercial Goldrush Event Report

Karen Hanover and DC Fawcett clearly gave of themselves the entire time of the event. Karen presented most of the material and made herself available during breaks, lunch and evenings for specific questions which must have been exhausting for her.

Overall I feel well positioned to pursue commercial real estate opportunities. I have the knowledge to identify a value play, negotiate with a seller and/or broker and offer creative deal structuring to provide a no-money-down strategy.

The Good:

The knowledge and expertise of both speakers was extensive. I felt Karen Hanover especially wanted everyone in the audience to be successful in commercial real estate and repeatedly encouraged everyone to “do a dealâ€. She spoke from her heart and shared her level of tolerance when analyzing a deal.

DC Fawcett is a wealth of information on marketing, lead sourcing and structuring your marketing program to find sellers and buyers. His experience came through as to what is successful and what isn’t when executing a marketing campaign.

The event was overall punctual; the staff was attentive and always available to answer logistic questions.

The Bad:

Nearly 8 hours of the event was filled with other “guru’s†trying to sell their $2,000 - $6,000 programs. This showed a complete disrespect for my time and violated the professional definition of an educational “seminarâ€. Experiencing this makes me wary of attending any seminar in the future.

This extra day of my life took me away from my children, my business, and added extra traveling expenses which were significant. It took valuable time away from what I thought I paid for: learning commercial real estate. This seminar wasn’t cheap, and I expected 4 days of learning the content promised to me. Instead, I received 3 days of content and 1 day of super salesmen utilizing the “hard sell†to promote their products.

Seminars are good venues for offering complementary products due to the audience. Often those companies either have booths off to the side or will sponsor free lunches to the audience where the sponsor then has a chance to mention something about their products. The approach used by Karen and DC crossed the boundaries of respect towards their audience and gives “real estate seminars†a bad name.

Unfortunately for people like me, this business model works. Sales were made and kickbacks were most likely paid to DC Fawcet and Karen Hanover.

I have attended other real estate seminars that contain real information with valuable content. I know not every “guru†deceives their audience like I experienced with the Commercial Foreclosure Goldrush event.

In Summary:

The seminar content was good and I will continue to utilize the services promised to me by Karen Hanover and DC Fawcett. Hopefully Karen Hanover is new enough to educating that she will raise the bar by creating ethical seminars in the future. She doesn’t need to use these tactics to make money and hopefully she will soon recognize that having the respect of her students is more important than kickbacks provided from other guru’s. I get the impression that DC Fawcett has done this for a long time and most likely will continue to use this format.

Loading replies...