MBA in Real Estate or Regular MBA

1 Reply

Looking for MBA programs that are specific to building a business around real estate, such as property management, sales, development, etc. I would be utilizing my GI Bill benefits so the cost is negligible. With everything considered, would a general MBA or lets say an MBA specific to human resources (its a people business) be better than an MBA in real estate?

Originally posted by @Padric Lynch :

Looking for MBA programs that are specific to building a business around real estate, such as property management, sales, development, etc. I would be utilizing my GI Bill benefits so the cost is negligible. With everything considered, would a general MBA or lets say an MBA specific to human resources (its a people business) be better than an MBA in real estate?

Having an MBA has nothing to do with most real estate investing. 

However, if you want to run a Hedge Fund or a REIT then an MBA in real estate *might* be useful. I'd decide what I want to do, then interview people doing that and ask them how they wound up in the field. Don't buy into the belief that an MBA paves they way. There are sooooo mannny MBA's these days that you have to zero into your target profession and ask people how they got there.