Bailey Clay
Pro Member
Votes |
Open Spaces Capital Cohort (Investment)

Bailey Clay
Pro Member
Posted Feb 9 2021, 06:34

Hello All,

Strongly considering joining Palak Shah (BP Podcast 368) - Open Spaces Capital Cohort. This program goes into systems put in place for the BRRRR strategy to super charge you're real estate business . Reaching out to see if anyone has invested in the program or has any good feedback about it. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2023, 22:25

I think it's very wise to ask before you make such commitment. When we signed up, we did a ton of research and interviewed and were interviewed by multiple platforms/coaches/programs. We, too, were hesitant of the financial responsibilities and the ROI. We took the leap of faith and signed up. It wasn't a random decision though. It was, again, based on a lot of research and communications.

Honestly, what drew me to open spaces was the personal touch. We’re pharmacists and we consider ourselves an intelligent and book/research driven couple. What we found missing in the research was the personal, approachable, and available coach to immediately answer our questions or concerns based on their learned answers shared experiences. That’s what drew us to open spaces. Now, a year later, we have no regrets and are 2 properties richer.

Is it expensive? Potentially for some.
Is it the most expensive program? Not at all.

Is it repeatable? May be

Is it all in books and online? To a certain extent yes.
BUT, can Google or books answer you within hours of your time sensitive question? No

Can Google/research provide you with trustworthy connections? No

Can Google/research hold your hand and bring you back to focus when life takes you away? No

Can Google/research celebrate you on each little and big success? No

Can Google/research provide you with the safe and comfortable environment and network in a journey that gets overwhelming and lonely? No

Only Palak and Niti and that circle of trust and friendships/connections you build with them will do all of the above for you. At the end of the day, we’re all humans and need each other.

#noregrets

User Stats

Votes
Beverly Buella
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Feb 23 2023, 05:52

Hi there,

Just wanted to hop on here to share my experience with Open Spaces.

I had wholesaling and flipping experience prior to joining Open Spaces- but I never held on to a property to BRRRR prior to joining the group. What held me back were the details behind understanding the financing - both short term to acquire and long term to hold. I know there are a ton of books and videos out there to explain this. However, the reason why I invested in the program is because Palak (I was in the 1st cohort, prior to when Niti joined!) was doing something I wanted to do and was willing to coach me through the process.

Yes, there are a ton of programs out there- free and cheaper- at the end of the day, you decide what's the best ROI in terms of money and time. Some questions I ask myself before pulling the trigger:

1. 1) In 1 year, would I make at least double of what I invested into this- or any- coaching program? In this case, I did. In 1 year, I made more than 10 times the amount I invested into the program- in equity and cash flow alone. Specifically- in 1 year I made $100k in equity + net cash flow of $700/month with 2 properties.
  2. 2) Who do I gain access to by investing in this program? In my case, I gained access to someone who is doing exactly what I wanted to do and was able to do it with a group who wanted to do it as well. Yes, you can read a book and watch YouTube videos- I’ve done that but it doesn’t yield the same results as being in a group that you are accountable to in addition to the access I had to someone doing what I needed to be coached in and people who were also looking to invest in themselves and not looking to waste their investment. THIS MATTERS IMMENSELY with any group you join, to be surrounded and coached by people who are successful and looking to achieve the same goal.

This is not a DIY BRRRR program so to compare it to youtube videos and books is silly to me. Yes, there are programs that are cheaper and there are programs that are more expensive- that's with anything in a free market and we can all make a decision on what's worth our time/money to yield the results that we are looking for. Prior to investing in anything for myself, I also set a clear expectation of a result that I require- mine was to acquire a BRRRR property, which I was able to achieve. If I didn't have the support of the group in addition to being coached by Palak, I don't think I would have had the confidence to pull the trigger and would have been stuck researching Facebook groups and asking people but not getting clear/direct answers. I'm super grateful to have started my passive income portfolio with Palak and know others in my group who have been successful as well!

100% worth every penny spent - I highly recommend it!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kirstin A.
  • Investor
  • California
Votes |
  • Investor
  • California
Replied Sep 2 2023, 14:41
Quote from @Beverly Buella:

Hi there,

Just wanted to hop on here to share my experience with Open Spaces.

I had wholesaling and flipping experience prior to joining Open Spaces- but I never held on to a property to BRRRR prior to joining the group. What held me back were the details behind understanding the financing - both short term to acquire and long term to hold. I know there are a ton of books and videos out there to explain this. However, the reason why I invested in the program is because Palak (I was in the 1st cohort, prior to when Niti joined!) was doing something I wanted to do and was willing to coach me through the process.

Yes, there are a ton of programs out there- free and cheaper- at the end of the day, you decide what's the best ROI in terms of money and time. Some questions I ask myself before pulling the trigger:

1. 1) In 1 year, would I make at least double of what I invested into this- or any- coaching program? In this case, I did. In 1 year, I made more than 10 times the amount I invested into the program- in equity and cash flow alone. Specifically- in 1 year I made $100k in equity + net cash flow of $700/month with 2 properties.
  2. 2) Who do I gain access to by investing in this program? In my case, I gained access to someone who is doing exactly what I wanted to do and was able to do it with a group who wanted to do it as well. Yes, you can read a book and watch YouTube videos- I’ve done that but it doesn’t yield the same results as being in a group that you are accountable to in addition to the access I had to someone doing what I needed to be coached in and people who were also looking to invest in themselves and not looking to waste their investment. THIS MATTERS IMMENSELY with any group you join, to be surrounded and coached by people who are successful and looking to achieve the same goal.

This is not a DIY BRRRR program so to compare it to youtube videos and books is silly to me. Yes, there are programs that are cheaper and there are programs that are more expensive- that's with anything in a free market and we can all make a decision on what's worth our time/money to yield the results that we are looking for. Prior to investing in anything for myself, I also set a clear expectation of a result that I require- mine was to acquire a BRRRR property, which I was able to achieve. If I didn't have the support of the group in addition to being coached by Palak, I don't think I would have had the confidence to pull the trigger and would have been stuck researching Facebook groups and asking people but not getting clear/direct answers. I'm super grateful to have started my passive income portfolio with Palak and know others in my group who have been successful as well!

100% worth every penny spent - I highly recommend it!

Very helpful review, thank you so much. Congratulations on your success!