Seeking referral/recommendation for lender in Washington DC

7 Replies

@Terri Parrilla A few key attributes of your projects will make a huge difference in the right lender for you.  

Depending on whether this is a flip v. long-term hold, single-family v. multi-family, duplex vs. 10-units, commercial vs. residential, etc., your ideal lending source might be anything from a mortgage officer selling Fannie/Freddie loans, a local/regional bank "portfolio" lender who lends off their own balance sheet, or a private lender (sometimes known as "hard money" lender or a "mezzanine" lender depending on the circumstance).  All these have advantages/disadvantages and work well for different funding goals.

If you post a little more detail on what kind of deals you're looking to fund, the community here can give you much more tailored recommendations & referrals of specific lenders.  

Thanks  to you all for reaching out to me and thanks specifically to @Bob Mills for your explanation. I am just getting started and am currently looking for SFH or 2-4 unit multifamily to buy and hold. I've been looking for properties and am trying to wrap my mind around obtaining a lender, whether and how to shop for them without taking too much of a hit on my credit, and then how to set up financing so that I am ready to pull the trigger once I find a deal.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.