Seeking referral/recommendation for lender in Washington DC

7 Replies

@Terri Parrilla Shoot me an email or PM about the type of deal(s) you're trying to put together and I can introduce you.

@Terri Parrilla A few key attributes of your projects will make a huge difference in the right lender for you.  

Depending on whether this is a flip v. long-term hold, single-family v. multi-family, duplex vs. 10-units, commercial vs. residential, etc., your ideal lending source might be anything from a mortgage officer selling Fannie/Freddie loans, a local/regional bank "portfolio" lender who lends off their own balance sheet, or a private lender (sometimes known as "hard money" lender or a "mezzanine" lender depending on the circumstance).  All these have advantages/disadvantages and work well for different funding goals.

If you post a little more detail on what kind of deals you're looking to fund, the community here can give you much more tailored recommendations & referrals of specific lenders.  

Thanks  to you all for reaching out to me and thanks specifically to @Bob Mills for your explanation. I am just getting started and am currently looking for SFH or 2-4 unit multifamily to buy and hold. I've been looking for properties and am trying to wrap my mind around obtaining a lender, whether and how to shop for them without taking too much of a hit on my credit, and then how to set up financing so that I am ready to pull the trigger once I find a deal.

@Terri Parrilla

I have a team I can refer you to for multi family properties in the District.  PM me.

Moderator, this is not a solicitation.  We don't do the type of lending she's looking for at US Commercial.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.