• Architect
  • Westchester County, NY
Votes |
New Investor starting out.

Jared W Smith
  • Architect
  • Westchester County, NY
Posted Feb 8 2018, 08:17

Hello all! My name is Jared. I am new to investing and new to Bigger Pockets. I've perused the site the last few months and felt that it was time to take action and engage. 

I currently own a coop (rental) and recently purchased a single family home for my family as our primary residence. They are both located in lower Westchester County, NY. I've spent the brunt of my youth and adulthood in Westchester therefore I am well versed on locations, just need to match this with the real estate knowledge.

Also i am in a very related field. By profession  I am a licensed & registered NY State Architect. I have taken part in the renovation of both my properties as well as many other single and multi-family residential properties. I have connections to contractors, plumbers, electricians, material suppliers (counter tops, tiles, cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc.) as well as engineers, home inspectors and surveyors. 

I am here to help others with connections but also gain knowledge to dive into investing in the near future. Thanks in advance for your help in my growth.      

Would love to hear how and what properties you started with here in Westchester or other parts of lower NY. (Not NYC. I know this is a different animal.) Starting out is daunting to say the least. Is the first investment deal the most stressful?    

Loading replies...