Investor Carrot or Lead Propeller?

13 Replies

So I've used both. 

Currently, I'm on IC. 

I personally like the reconfigurability of the Lead Propellor sites more. The problem with most IC sites is that they are super recognizable as a template site. IC up until recently was edited like a wordpress site but now they make you do most of it through their site. I'm extremely familiar with with wordpress and missed some of the functionality they "restricted". 

I do love their content packs. If you're not design inclined the click and go functionality is nice. I've spent HOURS changing my sites so they look less template like. 

I have organically generated leads with my IC site. 

I didn't get any organic leads with my LP. 

Both have fantastic support.

I honestly would consider going back to LP to remove the IC branding. 

If you don't plan on putting significant amount of time into content creation, neither. You're better off going for a much cheaper solution like Wix. These expensive tools only provide benefits if you work to create content. It's not a set it and forget it thing. 

Originally posted by @Major Robertson :

If you don't plan on putting significant amount of time into content creation, neither. You're better off going for a much cheaper solution like Wix. These expensive tools only provide benefits if you work to create content. It's not a set it and forget it thing. 

Will Wix allow me to create custom Podio Webforms?

Originally posted by @Trevon Peracca :
Originally posted by @Major Robertson:

Will Wix allow me to create custom Podio Webforms?

You can create Webforms in Podio then paste them into Wix. So yes.

Hey @Ryan Dossey Hope all is well man! 

Glad to see you're w/ Carrot :-) 

I'll throw out a little note based on what you said that is the core differentiator of Carrot vs. LP (or Wix, Weebly, etc.)... is results. 

We focus on results and performance above all else... which puts money in your pocket. Much of what we restrict for members is honestly because people were making changes that were hurting the effectiveness of their website... in turn reducing their ROI... which is counter the reason investors should have websites in the first place. It's cool how you mentioned that you have generated leads with InvestorCarrot but didn't with Lead Propeller... THAT'S the main difference between the two and between generic cheap website builders like Wix as well.

There are so many "little things" that we build into our sites that most people don't notice.. that are based on our hundreds / thousands of split tests... that all stacked onto each other help to make you more effective and have a higher ROI than any other platform.

For that you've got to give up a bit of the control on totally changing design (unless those specific design choices are based on specific knowledge that will increase the performance of the site vs. just making changes to make it visually different). 

So glad you're getting leads man! That's our aim :-) 

If you want to customize it even more man hit us up and we can help you! 

Here's one we just finished w/ one of the largest home buyers in all of Maryland and it's got some design elements that really differentiate it while still retaining the elements that make Carrot perform so well. 

http://www.directmdcashbuyers.com/

We're running PPC traffic to this right now and seeing great results so far. 

@Trevon Peracca hope all is well and great question! 

While you're diving in and doing your research always look at the priorities you want the website to help you with. 

High achieving investors that we work with tend to focus on things in this order:

1. Performance and ROI

2. Ability to build credibility for their brand

3. Ease of use

4. Cost

Most investors though tend to do it exactly backwards and look at cost and ease of use first... and don't put the focus into performance and ROI.

We focus on helping our clients generate more leads and get greater performance and ROI (Like Ryan above mentioned that he's getting leads w/ Carrot and wasn't w/ LP). Yes you'll give up some design flexibility (for a reason) in exchange for us helping make sure your site performs at a high rate and puts more money in your pocket in the end.

We're here for you if you have questions! 

Hey @Jamal Johnson ! Ya that site is actually built on our Juniper design inside your Carrot account. 

That site though he went through our Concierge Setup process which is our fully hands off setup process and includes our copywriter diving in and re-writing the copy and we went in and did his customizations for him. 

But ya man, choose the Juniper design to start... then add your pictures, your personalization, build out credibility w/ your testimonials etc... and hit us up and we can help you if you hit any roadblocks! Or if you want us to do what we did for Craig there (which everything we did is something you have access to do) hit us up and we can chat w/ you about the Concierge Setup. We've got you man! 

Trevor

PS - Right now in the market we're in it's very cluttered... so getting your personalization elements on your website is really important. Get your credibility built in, good pictures, solid clean branding, etc really makes a massive difference in the performance in this type of market.