Votes
Karen Johnson
  • Benton, LA
Votes |
Software for Maintenance Management

Karen Johnson
  • Benton, LA
Posted Nov 12 2018, 06:30

I am looking for recommendations for maintenance management.  I don't need accounting, since I already use quickbooks.  I have 32 sfr and have the opportunity to purchase a 38 unit apartment building.    I need something that won't break the bank, but has room for growth.

Any suggestions will be  appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Corina Eufinger
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oconomowoc, WI
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oconomowoc, WI
Replied Nov 13 2018, 07:21

Given the size of your portfolio and what are you looking to grow to I actually recommend you make the switch to a full service platform tailored for landlords.  It can be "one stop shopping" for you and add a lot of convenience.  Appfolio, Buildium, and Yardi all have built in screening, e-leasing,  and online payment. (Note: fees for these services will  vary.)  All will have maintenance management and tenant portal access.  Having these features built in means it can usually reduce redundancy in bookkeeping activities (entering information across multiple platforms).  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 13 2018, 08:11

Hi Karen,

There seem to be a few sites out there that are designed to help landlords in your situation. PropertyWare or Cozy, for instance. The one that I'm familiar with is called NowRenting. It has a dedicated tenant portal where your tenants can send maintenance requests, and pulls all your communications into one easy dashboard. It also keeps track of lease details and payments (and integrates with QuickBooks Online!) as well as things like syndicating listings, screening surveys, applications and background checks. They all have different features; if you click around some, you're likely to find something that will work for you.

-Grant 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Karen Johnson
  • Benton, LA
Votes |
  • Benton, LA
Replied Nov 13 2018, 08:28

Thanks Corina and Grant for the suggestions.  I will look into them