Digital Marketing Funnel

8 Replies

Any digital marketing experts out there? What’s the first few things I need to do to set up a digital Marketing Funnel in order to generate leads?

Hey @Rashad S. , wouldn't call myself an "expert" because I don't really like that word, but I hope I can share some pointers since I do this for a living.

The first thing would be to determine exactly who you're going after and what your objective is. With funnels, always start with the end goal and reverse engineer it - if you do it the other way around you'll most likely build a lot of fancy, unnecessary clutter, which we don't want.

What kind of leads are you going after and what's your main objective? (Do you want leads that are ready to buy NOW? Do you want to build up your database fast? etc.)

What Cameron said is important. You need to be able to tell when you have met your goal. It could be volume or quality. If you know what you want to do and what an ideal customer looks like, you have a starting point.

Originally posted by @John Corey :

What Cameron said is important. You need to be able to tell when you have met your goal. It could be volume or quality. If you know what you want to do and what an ideal customer looks like, you have a starting point.

Well said John!

@John Corey

Thanks John. I know what type of leads I want to work with. I need to know how to put the funnel together without doing too much. I’m thinking I need a landing page, ideas and content for the landing page, platforms to advertise on in order to reach my target audience, etc. I need to know where exactly to go to set up each component. Like what’s the best way to set up a website? What systems do I need to invest in in order to create the funnel? Another thing I don’t want to do is waste money.

Originally posted by @Rashad S. :

@John Corey

Thanks John. I know what type of leads I want to work with. I need to know how to put the funnel together without doing too much. I’m thinking I need a landing page, ideas and content for the landing page, platforms to advertise on in order to reach my target audience, etc. I need to know where exactly to go to set up each component. Like what’s the best way to set up a website? What systems do I need to invest in in order to create the funnel? Another thing I don’t want to do is waste money.

The British have a saying, 'How long is a piece of string?"

Depending on where your target audience hangs out, you might need different solutions. If they are mostly on Facebook, the funnel can be almost entirely there and Messenger.

If you want to have a landing page, many of the email automation or funnel tools can create a landing page within the tool. It will behave as a traditional WP style of page on the web. When the user visits it and fills in info, the system stores the info. So you can then email or otherwise contact the person.

I am pretty happy with the setup I use. A fair amount of the work is handled by a consultant as is it more important for me to work on the fund raise structures and that end of the business. Something which would be harder to outsource.

If you want to look at one tool, without a full context as to why, check out Ontraport. It is what I use. I am not saying it is right or wrong for you. Just saying it works well for me. 

@John Corey

Yes that’s what I’m currently researching. What platforms to use in order to reach my target audience (mainly international Buyers, then out of state Buyers).

Trying to work backwards like Cameron mentioned.