Votes
Nilton Santos
  • Scarsdale, NY
Votes |
Considering starting a fix and flip in the Fort Lauderdale area

Nilton Santos
  • Scarsdale, NY
Posted Jan 21 2018, 15:22

I'm a new real state investor from out-of-state who is considering investing in fix-and-flips in the Fort Lauderdale area. 

I've got flexibility from my "day job" to work from anywhere (I'm a remote worker) so I'm willing to be on the ground to make this a successful business. Additionally, being out of state, I'm planning on networking as much as possible with locals (via BP, local meetups, real state investment clubs, etc.) to get a "good pulse/feel" for the local market before my first deal.

I've got the following questions:

1) How realistic is it to find great deals (net ROIs > 30%) with $150K total to invest in Fort Lauderdale? With this kind of cash I'd have to target the low end of the market (under $100K) which, in general, is where there is fierce competition;

2) Would you recommend targeting more affordable markets such as Tampa and Jacksonville to increase my chances of success? 

3) How realistic is it to make this a success given that I'm out-of-state? I figure a considerable learning curve is need to learn the local market and establish trusted relationships.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Loading replies...