Is Pueblo, CO a good market to invest in?

5 Replies

Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing my second house and want to dive in by Autumn next year.

I was curious on what you guys think of the market in Pueblo, CO. It seems like a good (cheap) market to buy in, but do any of you know if this is a profitable market to buy and rent, or to flip? Would you get good returns?

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tammy Price 

I have heard a lot about the market recently. Which means that it might be pretty hot. 

Do you know any investors currently investing there?

Do you know what is happening in that market? Are people moving there? Are jobs moving there? 

Hi Tammy Price! I believe in Pueblo long term. They’ve got some big capital projects going on, including a highway connecting Pueblo to Pueblo West (there’s currently only on main road for that trip).

Lots of development in Pueblo West. Most houses in Pueblo were built between 1900-1950, so it’s a great spot for rehabs.

I’m planning on getting some flips done in Aurora before reinvesting into Pueblo for a long term BARRRR strategy.

I’ve been down to Pueblo recently to visit @Robert Herrera who has probably 20 properties there by now. Definitely keep looking into it, and let us know what you find!

Hi @Antoine Martel , to be honest I don't have much information on the area yet, I happen to live in Fountain and never really notice the market of Pueblo, but after seeing a few numbers I defiantly what to research more about it. I'll keep you updated.

@Gregory Flores, Jr. , Thanks a lot for your input. I had no idea about the new highway, I know there are new-ish commercial developments North of Pueblo, above downtown, which always attracts more people and consumers, I have also visited The Riverwalk , that seems to be a point of interest for most of the community and it's activities. 

I'll keep my research and keep you updated, also thanks for the contact, I'll get in touch with Robert, hopefully he wont mind sharing some insight.

@Tammy Price Pueblo has been discussed here quite a bit. You should use the search feature and read some older posts to get a flavor of the discussion. Bottom line is to acquire a lot of knowledge about the area before you plunk down your hard earned dollars.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.