Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Corey Schneider
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
BRRRR Partnership Calculator

Corey Schneider
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Aug 15 2022, 09:45

Hi all - I'm looking to BRRR a property and am exploring different partnership structures, including variable funding structures (ex: I put down 40%, partner(s) put down 60%, we own 50/50) - is there a good calculator that models returns at the GP level, LP level, and total project level? I like everything about Bigger Pockets BRRR calculator, but it doesn't allow for different inputs with inequitable partnership contributions/ownership.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Goldman
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Replied Aug 16 2022, 11:17

Hi Corey, Well if you know the return at a project level then you can apply the fractional shares and determine what the return would be for the individual partners. Make sense? 

User Stats

Votes
Ty Coutts
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Aug 17 2022, 12:51

Hello Corey!

I have a connection in Arkansas that currently does a lot of BRRR short term rental properties. Would be happy to connect you two if you need! Feel free to contact me directly if that would help you.

BiggerPockets logo
Time to Refi? Get the Best Loan
|
BiggerPockets
Lender Finder helps secure the best loan for your strategy. Easily connect with top investor-friendly lenders now to lock in lowered rates. 🔒

User Stats

Votes
Corey Schneider
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 22 2024, 13:05
Quote from @Steven Goldman:

Hi Corey, Well if you know the return at a project level then you can apply the fractional shares and determine what the return would be for the individual partners. Make sense? 

Yes, this totally makes sense, but I'd like an Excel modeler that has this available to play with. I understand the end result and how to split with partnerships, but don't have an Excel model that allows me to do that, and play with preferred equity, a GP management fee, etc. James Dainard mentioned this on episode 912 https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/real-estate-912. Does anyone have an Excel modeler that helps visualize different buy/hold, BRRR and flip partnership structures/returns?

User Stats

Votes
Jake Baker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 22 2024, 18:47

@Corey Schneider

We fund with a combination of Hard Money and Private Money. Hard Money will fund 90% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab on a draw schedule. Our Private investors will fund the remaining 10% of the purchase price, the first portion of the rehab (to be drawn later from the HML), and the holding costs. Of course, with private lenders, you will need to give up equity or a return on the debt.

Another option - Preferred Returns. Before you split the profits 50/50. If I am the contractor I get my % of rehab costs. If I am the agent I get my commission. The investor(s) get a 5-9% preferred annualized return on their money.

User Stats

Votes
Corey Schneider
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 29 2024, 10:40
Quote from @Jake Baker:

@Corey Schneider

We fund with a combination of Hard Money and Private Money. Hard Money will fund 90% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab on a draw schedule. Our Private investors will fund the remaining 10% of the purchase price, the first portion of the rehab (to be drawn later from the HML), and the holding costs. Of course, with private lenders, you will need to give up equity or a return on the debt.

Another option - Preferred Returns. Before you split the profits 50/50. If I am the contractor I get my % of rehab costs. If I am the agent I get my commission. The investor(s) get a 5-9% preferred annualized return on their money.

Thanks Jake - this totally makes sense. I understand the structure, I'm just looking for an Excel modeler to help me play with scenarios. Do you have one you can send?

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Joseph
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hollis, NH
Votes |
  • Hollis, NH
Replied Apr 3 2024, 03:05

Corey  - I am a real estate investor but also help real estate investors with deal underwriting and analysis. I'm happy to help. I will shoot you a DM.

User Stats

Votes
Bogdan Goncharov
  • saint john
Votes |
  • saint john
Replied Jun 18 2024, 06:53

hi Corey,

have you found the Excel calculator? Could you please share if possible?

Thanks