Finding opportunities in Indianapolis market

4 Replies

Hello everyone. I have rehabbed a couple of homes in the past and have recently made the decision to seriously commit to REI, mainly focusing on rehabs in the Indianapolis north side area.

I would like some feedback around finding homes in this market.    

The market seems to be very crowded with a lower inventory than I had anticipated. This makes the 70% rule pretty challenging. I'm curious to see what is working for people in Indianapolis to find homes. Also, if there are any realtors who truly specialize in the REI space in Indianapolis, I would like to talk with them.

I appreciate any feedback here.

Thanks,

Dave Snider

@Dave Snider  

Acquiring properties on the North Side that meets the 70% rule is going to be really challenging, not saying that it can't be done, but in Washington township and Hamilton County it's going to be tough.  In the past 10 months I've acquired one.  Maybe I need to market more, but most of my leads come from Center Township.  You may want to try and focus on finding attractive pockets of neighborhoods in Center Township. 

Sheriff sales may be an option, but keep in mind that you'll have some heavy competition for properties on the North Side.

If I come across something I will let you know.

Ben,

Thanks for the note and recommendation.   I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Dave

Yeah whatever on the REI side, but we need to sit down and work out our signals for Euchre.

@Dave Snider  per our conversation last week, yes - it's very hard to find any decent deals to flip.

Don't forget to look at the surrounding areas like: Franklin, Mooresville, Camby, Martinsville, Plainfield, Danville, etc.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.