DFW Contractors and Property Managers

5 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I currently live in Dallas and I am new to real estate investing. I will be seeking to purchase a SFH or small MFH within the next 2-3 months ( mostly funded by a conventional loan) for as a buy and hold to rent. I thought it would be best to research potential team members for my business while I continue to build my knowledge. Can anyone recommend good contractors (handymen(women) and property managers/management companies they have actually worked with?

Thank you 

Craig:

You should consider joining Lifestyles Unlimited.  They have an office right there in Las Colinas where you can attend live classes and networking events.  They have a great list of local vendors.  Using their vendors, I bought 9 SF rentals, all of them needing extensive rehab, while living in Michigan.  My wife and I fly down 3-4 times per year to attend events there.

In my opinion, it is the best bang for the buck in real estate education.

Originally posted by @Greg Scott :

Craig:

You should consider joining Lifestyles Unlimited.  They have an office right there in Las Colinas where you can attend live classes and networking events.  They have a great list of local vendors.  Using their vendors, I bought 9 SF rentals, all of them needing extensive rehab, while living in Michigan.  My wife and I fly down 3-4 times per year to attend events there.

In my opinion, it is the best bang for the buck in real estate education.

Thank you Greg, this is great information and I will definitely look into them!

Craig,

I manage the 3 properties that I own and I do most of the repairs. I do some handyman work on the side for friends and neighbors. If you need work done, I wouldn't mind expanding.  

Alan, 

Thank you for the reply.  I will definitely keep you in mind.  Once I have the details worked out, would you mind if I sent you a PM to discuss further? 

@Craig Clark - get out to some of the area REI groups - you will meet those folks informally there, and some events will have tables with your potential contractors, insurance guys, etc hanging out to talk and pass out pieces of chocolate.

Andy

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here