Best banks in Spokane for First Time Homebuyer?

Best banks in Spokane for First Time Homebuyer?

Rental Property Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 4 votes
Do any other investors in or near the Spokane, WA area have any recommendations for a local bank or credit union for a first time home buyer? Credit score about 730-740.
0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Spokane, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
8y
@Jack Walker Depends on the type of property and the purpose. SFR or multi, owner-occupied or rental?
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    8y
    @Jack Walker Depends on the type of property and the purpose. SFR or multi, owner-occupied or rental?
  • Rental Property Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I'm looking for a rental property so that I may house hack. I would prefer Multifamily homes, but they are quick to leave the market these days, so if I can't acquire one, then a SFH with enough rooms to rent to others. I am also only looking at owner occupied because of the FHA loan. If I don't have to live in it, and instead and completely rent out all units, that would be my goal.

  • Rental Property Investor · Calgary · Member since 2018 · 82 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    What's the rental market like in Spokane ? Any main industries providing consistent employment for tenants and attracting folks off the west coast? 

  • Contractor · Spokane Wa · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 30 votes
    8y
    @Jack Walker I use BECU and some people in Idaho. Also look up K-LOANS. Mortgage Company The North Idaho REI team know some leads and there is a Spokane Meetup coming up soon. At the events there are many people that are more then willing to help you out.
  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    If you're going to buy a SFH that you will occupy, BECU has a first time homebuyer grant program that requires you to put 1% down and they pay 2%, up to $6,500. The requirements in that circumstance are simple, straightforward and relatively painless. Even if you don't qualify for the grant, however, BECU is a good option to go with. GESA also does a lot of residential lending in the area, and both credit unions have a Home Loan Center in the area, which you should find convenient. The credit union where I work, Global, does a lot of residential lending also, and I can confirm they will work with investors whether you intend to occupy or not. I work on the commercial side of lending, but I can provide contact info for the residential RE Manager, if you like. Send me a private message, in that case. Whatever you choose, though, you will generally get better treatment and terms, and develop a stronger relationship with a lender at a credit union than a bank, because of the cooperative ownership and not-for-profit structure of the former. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.