Part Time Work in Real Estate

Part Time Work in Real Estate

Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 10 votes

Hi! Thanks for your time. I am currently educating myself in real estate investing and practices. Does anyone have advice on potentially getting a part time evening and or weekend job with a RE company doing administrative or computer / internet work? Where are companies typically lacking in resources that they’d be willing to bring on a part time person?

I’m in Indianapolis. :)

Thanks!

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Enosburg Falls, VT · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
7y

Great question! I’m in Vermont and wondering the same thing! 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Enosburg Falls, VT · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Great question! I’m in Vermont and wondering the same thing! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Nancy Riley Thanks! :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Most of these paid jobs are reserved for daughter of the broker , or escrow closing compliance. The latter job often required a realtor license.   Most offices are closed and ditto for weekend. 

    Suggest you get a realtor license first. Top agents often can take an assistant. Often college students. They do not like adults.

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Sam Shueh Thank you for the insight!

  • Handyman · Lebanon, TN · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Michael, 

    I am an agent in the Nashville area. You would be very lucky to find an even/weekend job in real estate. The statement that 95% of real estate sales are from 5% of the agent is pretty accurate. What are your goals? If you want to become an agent you will have to study subjects you will never use in real estate. If you want to learn more about real estate to be a better invester you can do this by studying properties for sale in your area. I'd also suggest attending open houses, you might meet an agent who will chat with you for a few hours.

    Charlie 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Charlie Shew Thanks for the reply. I'm simply wanting to get into the industry. I figure if I can get some part time work with a real estate related company then it can only benefit me. I'm planning on studying for and getting my RE license this year. So far, it's all been self educating. Thank you!

  • Handyman · Lebanon, TN · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Michael Via, I'd highly suggest Keller Williams. They have the best training period. You should go to your local office and talk to them. They will let you sit in on a lot of their training classes. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Charlie Shew Great idea - thanks for the advice!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.