What type of legal representation do I need...

3 Replies

My company is purchasing Notes and REO directly from banks. Since these are financial instruments and not real estate, would it be best to work with a business lawyer or a real estate lawyer? Your feedback is appreciated.

Hi John. Yes, work with a banking attorney who is familiar with bank regulations. I'm a bank regulatory attorney (I work for a bank regulator, not private practice). If the bank is in troubled condition, there are additional restrictions and the bank may need approval from the regulator, which may create delays, so make sure the attorney checks all that out.