• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Philadelphia Networking

Reggie Bullock
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Aug 27 2013, 15:29

Are there any networking opportunities in Philadelphia? I'm new to flipping and am looking for a mentor.

User Stats

Votes
Fred Ramos
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Sep 17 2013, 09:52

Philadelphia has a ton of opportunities for networking...

Simply google real estate investing clubs in philadelphia and you'll get some of the most known.. Also look for investing clubs on meetup.com and you'll find the rest..

What areas are you looking into buying for flips?

User Stats

Votes
Shariyf Grevious
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Sep 22 2013, 08:43

@Fred Ramos I also am a newbie in Philadelphia I would love to network with you!

Which clubs/meetings do you attend?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Rosenberg
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Replied Sep 22 2013, 08:59

Is anyone attending this or has been to a similar one before? Productive or a waste of time? http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Real-Estate-Investors-Association/events/138764712/

User Stats

Votes
John Fossetti
  • Investor
  • Pembroke, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pembroke, MA
Replied Sep 22 2013, 11:41

Here is a link to other Meetups around Philadelphia area.

http://real-estate-investing-clubs.meetup.com/cities/us/pa/philadelphia/

I have not personally been to the Philadelphia ones but I have been to many REIA"s / Meetups and they are not a waste of time just for the networking alone.

Account Closed
  • Rehabber
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rehabber
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Sep 26 2013, 16:38

http://www.meetup.com/Wholesaling-Houses-in-Philadelphia-W-H-I-P/

This meeting is geared toward education of Wholesaling as a strategy. There are cash buyers, wholesalers, & hard money lenders in regular attendance.

User Stats

Votes
Fred Ramos
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Sep 29 2013, 10:37

@Shariyf Grevious It has been a while since i last networked. But i used to go to Montgomery county investors group.. Meetings are held at the Plymouth meeting mall.. There are plenty of active investors in that group.. No annual fee. only $25 per meeting and comes with a nice dinner..

I used to also be a member of DIG which i'm no longer a member of, but there are plenty of movers and shakers in that group.. Annual membership ran about $150 a year ago..

i recommend both of them... Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Andresa Guidelli
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Oct 31 2013, 14:52

I go to meetings in PA (DIG subgroups) and also SJREIA (South Jersey) which is right on the border in Cherry Hill. I usually attend a few meet ups for wholesaler, but it hasn't been that productive for me. Cash Flow game groups are also another great option to meet like minded people.

I am very direct and hate to spend time on meetings that are disorganized or don't bring very good content. When that happen, my goal is always to get a golden nugget or meet someone that I can help somehow or vice versa.

I really like face-to-face 30 min coffee shop deal for the first time meeting just to know each other. Walking on the neighborhoods and exploring projects is also more effective from my point of view...easier to connect.

Account Closed
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jun 8 2014, 13:33

Well I am very new and very interested in finding someone to help me learn real estate and in return they would have a great student and potential partner in deals. I am open to anything that gets me in the door. Ideally I could oversee day to day activities at properties if someone in the philadelphia area travels too much or would like to be an investor into flips that we could work together