Tax Adviser in North Dallas

6 Replies

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tax adviser in North Dallas? Preferably someone who has extensive experience with real estate investors.

Thanks!

I personally don't know any tax advisor but I look up a lot of tax related questions on turbo tax or the IRS website. Hope that helps, any specific question you want to know the answer to?

Hi Rivy, 

I sent you a message with some options. Both of the links supplied work with real estate investors. I am not paid nor do I represent either of the firms provided. One of them happens to be my guy. I'm new to the area so my experience with my firm while positive is also limited.

Medium 44426 awcpropertygroup logo 01  3  cropped whiteAlberto Camacho, AWC Property Group | [email protected] | http://www.awcpropertygroup.com

Rivy

I understand you probably live in the Dallas area, but I don't think that's necessarily where you have to have your tax advisor be! For us, we recognize all the benefits that real estate has to offer, (sheltering income from income tax, elimination of capital gains etc....) it is my belief that you have to find somebody who understands all these benefits and can apply them in your situation to get you the benefits that can be derived from real estate, regardless of where they are!!

@Marc Dupuis In my head I know you're right, but somehow I'm still kind of old fashioned and want to be able to meet with an advisor face to face.  And this despite being an IT professional...

Originally posted by @Rivy S. :

@Marc Dupuis In my head I know you're right, but somehow I'm still kind of old fashioned and want to be able to meet with an advisor face to face.  And this despite being an IT professional...

I feel the same way. I look at the CPA relationship as ideally a long term, maybe even lifetime relationship. Where the CPA knows my finances, tax situation, family needs, history, goals and experience, inside and out.  Think Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley in Schindler's List.  I guess I'm old-school, too. 

@Rivy S.

Rivy, did you end up finding a good CPA in the area?  My biz partners and I are looking for a CPA in the North Dallas area.  Would either of you be willing to offer a recommendation/introduction?  I'd appreciate any leads you'd be willing to offer.

Thanks.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you