Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jason Eyerly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
2 Bed/1 Bath...Are my numbers right? Best method of acquisition?

Jason Eyerly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Aug 6 2014, 20:10

Hello BP,

I'm looking at this deal for a family member. I've heard some folks say they would have jumped on it, but now that I'm running it through the deal analysis here on BP I'm a bit confused. The full report is HERE if you care to look and help me out. Here's what I have though:

• ARV: $84,000
  • Purchase: $48,000
  • Construction: $10,000
  •     Total: $58,000

Acquisition W/ Conventional Mortgage:

• 20% Down: $9,500
  • Construction: $10,000
  •     Total: $19,500

I've basically narrowed it down that for my family member to obtain the property they would either need to use a HEL/HELOC for the full amount (I believe they are a bit short on equity in that) or take out a HEL/HELOC to pay 20% down payment and construction costs, and finance the rest traditionally. However, this report shows monthly income as $328.77 which is only 0.55% of the purchase price monthly, and that's not including a loan on top.

All that being said, is this even a buy and hold property, or would this serve better as a fix and flip for myself going with a HML? I'm assuming my Wholesaler is correct in his construction (hopefully a bit less) and rent/sale comps. I'm waiting for more accurate data from an agent/contractor. As a fix/flip after $48,000 + $10,000 not counting interest and closing costs it barely makes the 70%. Assuming I'm correct in my HML assumptions, then after the points and fees, this would be at about 73% of ARV.

I'm looking at this as a first fix/flip but because of the age of the house, and the location I'm a bit worried that the resale is where I will get stuck with the property. I have to impress my business partner and make us some money here, so I REALLY don't want to flop.

Thanks for hearing me out. I appreciate any advise or input anyone has for me. 

Best Regards,

Jason T. Eyerly

Loading replies...