how to know how to offer the correct price on wholesale deals

4 Replies

I have a question when trying to decide how much to offer sellers who want to sell their homes how do i come up with a price to offer where I can make a profit with the end buyer.  I understand for the most part how the process goes.  I know you pull comps if a home comps are 100000 you discount 30% or 70000 minus repairs say 15,000 then 55,000 is the most you offer.  However I have found here in st louis that formula doesn't always work.  I was trying to figure out what to offer a seller her house comps were 50,000 some higher some lower if I use the same formula 20000 should have been tops but when i went to the end buyers most didn't wanna pay more than 10,000 i'm confused I know it something simple and advice.

Are you randomly adding 15k for repairs each time like it seems in your above examples? Usually if you can get a house at 70% of the value -repairs -your assignment fee you should be able to find some investor that is interested. Just make sure your comps are on point as well as your repair estimates. 

I was just using 15,000 as an example

@David Stanfield

I don't know what neighborhood you're working in but I work it this way. 

$50,000 X 65%= $32,500- $15,000 (repairs)= $17,500- $5,000 (my wholesale fee) = $12,5000.

If you are in Florissant and you stray to far away from there you are in bad neighborhoods.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here