• Investor
  • Marina Del Rey, CA
Votes |
Making offers

Carrie Giordano
  • Investor
  • Marina Del Rey, CA
Posted Apr 28 2015, 15:15

Hello! I would love some advice on a potential flip. This would be my first flip although I have two but & holds in the area.

The house is a foreclosure that went on the market 11/2014 for $120k, a month later it dropped to $100k and then in January dropped to $70k. Since then it has gone pending twice and just went back on the market this week. I found out that the home has an issue with the well water. Worst case scenerio is needing a new well for $8k best case is $1k in repairs. 

The house is in Ohio where I'm from so I have not yet seen it but have someone looking at it for me on Friday. It looks in good condition from photos, it was remodeling in 2002 though so it needs some updating. Comps in the area run anywhere from $110k-$150k. If I couldn't sell I'm looking at about $1100-1200 month in rent. 

My first question would be does this sound like a potentially good deal? I feel like if I could get it around $55k it follows the 70% rule. 

My second question is about making offers. I kind of feel like I might as well make a low offer of $50k because what could it really hurt. My agent said I might not want to make too low of an offer and end up in a multiple offer situation rising up the price. Is this just my agent trying to make a higher commission of not wanting to write so many offers? 

Would love your thoughts! 

Loading replies...