Votes
Justin Owens
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Indianapolis Suburb of Ingalls

Justin Owens
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted May 14 2015, 20:49

I've have an opportunity for a 4 bed 2 bath Manufactured Home in Ingalls,  Indiana.

Would very much welcome some opinions. Because i'm just not very knowledgeable on Manufactured homes, and the location.

Home is on a foundation, and has bigger windows (doesn't looks like the smallish windows you find on most older manufactured homes), built in 1996.  Not sure if it makes a difference but has the trademark wall boards that are covered by trim strips on the vertical seams. I've seen other Manufactured homes that have regular drywall through out.

House is in decent condition doesn't seem to have any needs for major repairs. Just paint and maybe some flooring like Carpet or Laminate in certain areas, and maybe a minor rehab of the bathroom. Kitchen is in good shape, has an open floor plan. 

Located in small neighborhood that has a mixture of Manufactured and stick built homes.

I'm not sure what to think about the location. 

Safe town, Pendleton school system which is great.

Easy access to Indianapolis via Pendleton Pike. I know that towns like McCordesville and Fortville are very popular for families.  Ingalls is the next town down the road about 5 minutes. Also kind of close to I-69, which has alot of development around that area with Hamilton Town center and Medical Campus.

Being a 4 bed, I think I have the opportunity to get a long term tenant. But i'm not sure if I would have a hard time renting this property out considering the location and the manufactured aspect itself, though the exterior looks great.  

I'm looking for rent range of $850- $1000 or possible lease option in the future. I have seen these rent ranges for 3bed room houses in the same general area on Rentometer.

Am I nuts on this house? I am primarily interested in it do to the fact that the price seems like a steal and is priced identically to a home I am looking at in Beechgrove that is only a 2bed -1bath and about half the size, and needs similar repairs.

Loading replies...